Henri

Started by noyage, August 21, 2021, 11:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We're sittin here waiting for what looks like will be a direct blow to Connecticut:

NOAA imaging

Don't mind losing power but I do hope the basement stays dry...

Fingers crossed, noyage.  I don't mind a flooded basement, but I do mind losing power.  Heh.  I just ground 6 days worth of coffee beans in case the power is out for a sustained amount of time.  You see where my priorities are.  I should be going to buy ice right now for coolers, just in case.  I'm in Massachusetts on the Connecticut border and this could be a low-level event or a significant one.

Good luck to everyone in the path.

Stay dry folks. I'm glad we don't get those things here. 

Thanks ducktrapper. I have a hand grinder that I use daily so I'm square on the coffee front ryler  :cheers

Looks like she veered east and the new haven area is not going to get a direct blow. Still 3-6 inches of rain in ~24h ain't gonna be fun!
Better than shoveling though  :bgrin:

the 40 inches we got in 2013 was memorable:

Growing up on the Cape, we had the ocean roll past our house a few times.  Not fun.  I've slowly become a prepper of sorts as I've gotten older 👍

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote from: noyage on August 22, 2021, 10:24:34 AM
Thanks ducktrapper. I have a hand grinder that I use daily so I'm square on the coffee front ryler  :cheers

Looks like she veered east and the new haven area is not going to get a direct blow. Still 3-6 inches of rain in ~24h ain't gonna be fun!
Better than shoveling though  :bgrin:
You in New Haven? That is where I grew up. Hope it is nicer there now than it was in the 70's!

Hope it goes ok, I was there when Westville village flooded. What was that, '78 or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote from: Jamolay on August 22, 2021, 07:26:11 PM
You in New Haven? That is where I grew up. Hope it is nicer there now than it was in the 70's!

Hope it goes ok, I was there when Westville village flooded. What was that, '78 or something?

Ya - I think 78 had a serious storm. I wasn't here then. I moved here ~1990.

Henri was bust turns out. At least for us here. Fair amount of rain/wind but nothing insane. Dodged a bullet!

Been thru a few.Hope all are good.Buy some damp ride to protect your guitars.Stuff you should have a camper coffee pot to use on the BBQ.Though it may never happen again buy a generator,you may never use it but it nice to have.

Please be safe and take care. :wave
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Roger that unclrob. I'm sure you've seen your fair share of crazy weather in FL...

After Hurricane Sandy took out power for 4 days we did get a gas generator. Really saved us after a few storms - used it to power the pellet stove for heat . Also have a portable propane burner for cooking/coffee. Far from a prepper but got enough to hole up for a few days. The Larrivees live on the 2nd floor ;)

Quote from: noyage on August 22, 2021, 08:29:32 PM
Henri was bust turns out. At least for us here. Fair amount of rain/wind but nothing insane. Dodged a bullet!
I sure am happy we won't be watching "Sharknado in New Haven" anytime soon.
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)