The Forum VI Waiting Room

Started by Mikeymac, June 30, 2021, 10:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: mike in lytle on September 03, 2021, 02:44:34 PM

Photos of the F-VI bracing will probably be the first time anyone outside the factory has been able to have a good look with the hybrid system on a smaller guitar.

:thumbsup
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on September 03, 2021, 12:34:58 PM
I'll post the pic again (below) just to have these on the same page - but that (rosewood) bridge plate on the 12-fret body is quite a bit larger than the rosewood bridge plates in the photo that John, Jr. sent (above).

I wonder if they've modified that bridge plate and made it any smaller for the Forum VI, or it they/Larrivee think it's necessary to have it be that large for structural reasons. I would think that large of a bridge plate would have some impact on the movement of the top, and therefore the tone of the guitar.

Just making observations and small talk...

I took a couple of pictures of my LS-03 with hybrid bracing as best as I could.  Hope this helps?!

Quote from: Frasier1 on September 10, 2021, 06:17:28 PM

I took a couple of pictures of my LS-03 with hybrid bracing as best as I could.  Hope this helps?!

And another!!

Quote from: Frasier1 on September 10, 2021, 06:17:28 PM
This helps a LOT. Looks like the bridge plate is totally different than the Forum III, more normal looking.
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

Quote from: mike in lytle on September 11, 2021, 10:52:16 AM
This helps a LOT. Looks like the bridge plate is totally different than the Forum III, more normal looking.
Mike

Yes, and I forgot that the Forum VI is using the "hybrid" (Martin style) offset lower braces, which means it will also look different than the pics above which show Larrivee's traditional bracing. Will be interesting to see how that affects the bridge plate shape and placement.

Quote from: Mikeymac on September 11, 2021, 01:18:11 PM
Yes, and I forgot that the Forum VI is using the "hybrid" (Martin style) offset lower braces, which means it will also look different than the pics above which show Larrivee's traditional bracing. Will be interesting to see how that affects the bridge plate shape and placement.
I may be wrong about which "pics above" you refer to, but Fraisers pics are the hybrid bracing. The offset bracing is clearly visible in the first photo.
Fraisers guitar is an LS-03, 12 fret, and hybrid braced, only structural difference to the F-VI is the Notable custom run was short scale. I think, if I read the old ad correctly.
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

Quote from: mike in lytle on September 11, 2021, 03:40:32 PM
I may be wrong about which "pics above" you refer to, but Frasiers pics are the hybrid bracing. The offset bracing is clearly visible in the first photo.
Frasiers guitar is an LS-03, 12 fret, and hybrid braced, only structural difference to the F-VI is the Notable custom run was short scale. I think, if I read the old ad correctly.
Mike

You are correct Mike in that the only difference is the length of scale between the two guitars.  The fretboard radius will also be different along with the back wood and I ordered mine with a cutaway.  Very much looking forward to this!!    :cheers

Got it. I didn't realize yours was a 12-fret - that wasn't mentioned with your pics. So I just thought that was why there was more "room" for both braces behind the bridge plate, whereas on the F-III, the bridge plate is between the two braces...

So, it's Thursday Sept. 23.
I don't see photos, bummer.
Where's that thumb twiddlin emoji ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Herman.

L-10, L-03FM, OM-05
 Forum VI, & "others"

I'm not in on this, but I can't wait to hear some samples of these.

Ed

I only had a very small hope that they might be done for Christmas.  Given the backlog we hear about for any supply reaching stores or custom builds, it seemed most likely that these would be 2022 arrivals.  While it would have been so nice to have a Larrivee Christmas, I'm fine with whenever these are done.  But, I do keep checking back here to see if photos suddenly appear.   :gotpics:

Has put a stop to my GAS and that's a good thing! 

Yes, GAS (temporarily) halted, so I'm thinking it's time for a new bike (bicycle). I'm not right.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Remember when the music came from wooden boxes strung with silver wires...

OM-40 SB
Forum VI - LS-03 Moonwood/Walnut
Seagull S6

Quote from: Hooked on September 28, 2021, 07:14:06 PM

Yes, GAS (temporarily) halted, so I'm thinking it's time for a new bike (bicycle). I'm not right.

I've been thinking the same thing about another handgun (just completed my concealed carry class last week - as did my wife).

Quote from: Mikeymac on September 28, 2021, 02:16:21 PM
Yep. Same here. Just sold another Martin yesterday, and will sell another soon. I'll be well downsized before this one arrives.

I just sold the Eastman 12 string on Reverb. It will have cost me about $150-$200 in "Rent payments" over a 3 year period. lol
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2017 LV-10 50th Annniversary #2/50
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI
2023 Hatfield BJG Strong Tenor low G Ukulele #003

Quote from: Mikeymac on September 29, 2021, 12:33:00 AM
I've been thinking the same thing about another handgun (just completed my concealed carry class last week - as did my wife).
Which handgun?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote from: Mikeymac on September 29, 2021, 12:33:00 AM
Recently bought my wife a SW .380EZ. Shoots great! I doubt she'll take the CPL class but she wanted "her own" gun. She's super understanding on guns and guitars as evidenced by my F VI order.
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
Larrivee F-33 Mandolin (8/1/2008)
Soliver Pancake Mandolin
Larrivee A-33 (8/21/2009)

aaaah, this is a guitar forum, guys

Quote from: jazzereh on September 29, 2021, 08:23:27 PM
aaaah, this is a guitar forum, guys

My sentiments exactly, I'm not into killing, but am into music. 
Guitars are for music, as guns are for killing.
Just sayin'
Herman.

L-10, L-03FM, OM-05
 Forum VI, & "others"

Quote from: Strings4Him on September 29, 2021, 05:59:11 PM

Which handgun?

A Ruger LCP II .380

I currently have a SA Hellcat (9mm) and my wife has a Ruger LCP II .22 LR

Quote from: Rockysdad on September 29, 2021, 08:35:05 PM

Guitars are for music, as guns are for killing.

Certainly don't want to either start an argument or get off topic - BUT - the # 1 piece of training in a concealed carry class is that ANY use of a gun is a LAST RESORT for SELF-DEFENSE - NOT for unthoughtful or unaccountable killing. All LEGAL owners of guns understand the responsibility of owning, handling and carrying a firearm.

This can be the end of this conversation - my apologies for getting us off topic.

I've scanned through this thread and the Forum Guitars page on Toonz.ca but I still have two questions, hopefully they're not both dumb questions.

What happened between 2012 where the Toonz page says " March 2012 — never built " and 2021 where they are on order?

Is there still any possibility of getting one?  I realize this may be a LongShot but I have to ask. 
"Love your body Larry" Fletch