Pages: 1 ... 17 [18] 19 ... 45   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Forum VI Waiting Room  (Read 18825 times)
awarsoca

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: December 05, 2021, 12:16:07 PM »

12/28 here  I am looking forward to a late birthday present to myself in the new year. 

Clint
_______
2014 OM-09
2015 D-02
2022 LSV Forum VI
jazzereh

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: December 05, 2021, 12:55:28 PM »

Those backs look spectacular.  Can't wait to hold mine and play it.  The photos are wonderful and appreciated but it almost makes waiting a bit harder...

mike in lytle
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: December 05, 2021, 08:49:18 PM »

My wife's birthday is December 25.
Been handling it for 25 years.
I dang well better not be getting any guitar for Christmas.
Rockysdad

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: December 05, 2021, 09:46:27 PM »

My wife's birthday is December 25.
Been handling it for 25 years.
I dang well better not be getting any guitar for Christmas.

Hmmmm, Mike, you may have an expensive Christmas this year. 

Herman.

L-10, L-03FM, OM-05
 Forum VI, & "others"
mike in lytle
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: December 06, 2021, 03:39:17 PM »

Anyhow, I learned something probably everyone else knows, courtesy of John Jr and Scott.....
The pics show the bodies with the shiny "base coat". The base coat dries, then is sanded, then the satin finish applied (per John).
I am not the first person to wonder about the shiny base coat (per Scott, who probably wasn't that first person, either)  bigrin
Mike
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: December 06, 2021, 05:10:16 PM »

Looking good! I'm getting jealous and ... GASSY.  blush
mike in lytle
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: December 06, 2021, 07:05:52 PM »

Looking good! I'm getting jealous and ... GASSY.  blush
The way things look at the present split second, there is one (1) LSV still available for a waiting list person, provided Larrivee doesn't lose any in production, or have a meteorite hit the factory.
Mike
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: December 06, 2021, 07:42:12 PM »

The way things look at the present split second, there is one (1) LSV still available for a waiting list person, provided Larrivee doesn't lose any in production, or have a meteorite hit the factory.
Mike

Alas, the me in retirement must settle for the dozen or so guitars still in my possession. I did find room in my budget for a candy apple red MIM strat in a pawn shop for $100.00 though. It was a disgusting mess but cleaned up real good. Make that a baker's dozen! 
sixxes

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: December 07, 2021, 03:17:20 PM »

Daaaaannggg....those look gorgeous.  Can't wait to hear first playing reports! 
mike in lytle
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: December 07, 2021, 04:36:55 PM »

Traded a couple emails with John over the last few days, although our guitars are all moving along which is the important thing, John said he doesn't have any idea yet about completion. I did mention we had put our brief daydreams of December delivery behind us and we have more or less talked ourselves into January (at the earliest). I am going to ask to make sure we get some pics of the fretboards being micro-milled (or whatever) for the VI inlay, I think that will be cool. We have seen the necks being contoured, but most of the attention has been on the "south 40" of the guitars (my term).

I am content with the progress. Someone smarter than me mentioned nobody seems to be getting things done exactly on time nowadays. Since Bard wrote "Something 12 fret with walnut?" last May, we managed to spec out an ambitious acoustic Forum guitar, get enough orders to build it, and be able to coordinate directly with Larrivee instead of having a dealer. I think that reflects some confidence in us on Larrivee's part, and we are able to have direct, stress-reducing communication, which I think helps a lot during the current environment. We will all be happy in the end.
Mike
jwdecour

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: December 07, 2021, 06:06:39 PM »

I love hearing the updates and seeing the production photos.  I have not been waiting as long as everyone else since I am just on the waitlist.  Heck I may not even get one if there is an issue with the spoken for orders or delivery issues.  I am ok with whatever happens. I also see the other guitars in some of the photos as well.  Someone else is waiting for those guitars after placing orders months ago.  They maybe dealers or custom orders like ours.  I am happy that Larrivee is keeping busy and still putting out a great product after more than 50 years.  Thanks for keeping us up to date on this journey.  It is so much cooler than just walking in to a store and buying one off the shelf.  +1
Bard

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: December 07, 2021, 08:13:52 PM »

Whenever the guitars are ready to go is fine with me.

Has anybody else been analyzing woodgrain on different parts of their guitar in order to identify your guitar in other pictures? 

I sure have. I had it wrong at first too. I think I've zeroed in on mine at this point. It's a fun game to pass the time.
Riverbend
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: December 07, 2021, 09:59:25 PM »

Has anybody else been analyzing woodgrain on different parts of their guitar in order to identify your guitar in other pictures? 

I sure have. I had it wrong at first too. I think I've zeroed in on mine at this point. It's a fun game to pass the time.
I've only caught two glimpses of mine, one of the neck block and the other with the unfinished sides bent to form. I've done exactly as you've mentioned but can't convince myself that Ive seen it again. It's been fun looking though!
 +1

Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
Larrivee F-33 Mandolin (10/21/2008)
Larrivee F-33 Mandolin (8/1/2008)
Soliver Pancake Mandolin
Rockysdad

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: December 07, 2021, 10:54:33 PM »

Guilty, ………… I keep trying to figure which is mine based on the grain but, I’m not really sure.
Whichever it is will be fine with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herman.

L-10, L-03FM, OM-05
 Forum VI, & "others"
Bard

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: December 07, 2021, 11:45:13 PM »

They all looked pretty sweet! Any of them will do. I'm happy to take a look for either of you if you want an extra set of eyes on it.
Hooked

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: December 07, 2021, 11:50:45 PM »

Yep, same here. I saw one photo from the back where I could see the S/N, matched up with the neck at one point, but she's lost in the mix now. But Gandalf will arrive precisely when he means to.

Remember when the music came from wooden boxes strung with silver wires...

OM-40 SB
Forum VI - LS-03 Moonwood/Walnut
Seagull S6
Guzzijeff

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: December 08, 2021, 03:28:10 PM »

I have seen a couple of pics of the body of mine… I think 🧐. From what I could see, mine is the one with the two-tone (heartwood?) sides. Sweeeeet! I couldn’t find any neck shots, but that’s okay. I also noticed that the finish looks like gloss…. My last several guitars, including my Larrivee 00-40FW, have been satin finishes. I’ll love it anyway… I’ll just have to put on my shades when I pllay. 
markj

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: December 08, 2021, 03:49:16 PM »

It is supposed to have a standard (satin) 03 finish. When I saw the gloss in the photos I thought they were just wet. I had thoughts of calling John Jr. and seeing if they would make mine a gloss finish. I have both and really don't have a preference.

1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2017 LV-10 50th Annniversary #2/50
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI
markj

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: December 08, 2021, 04:16:53 PM »

I haven't forced a refresh repeatedly on a web page like I am doing with the forum these days, in a very long time.   whistling

1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2017 LV-10 50th Annniversary #2/50
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI
mike in lytle
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: December 08, 2021, 04:54:24 PM »

It is supposed to have a standard (satin) 03 finish. When I saw the gloss in the photos I thought they were just wet. I had thoughts of calling John Jr. and seeing if they would make mine a gloss finish. I have both and really don't have a preference.
I am positive that had we asked for that in the spec, John would have happily added it.
However, your post made me think, well, if we had added gloss how much would it cost? There is really no way to figure it out, and the custom price list only mentions a gloss top upgrade. Anyhow, in the process of looking at this, I noticed the MSRP on the Larrivee website for the base -03R (OM and L) is now 112 dollars more than what was shown earlier this year when I was doing the MSRP calculations for the F-VI. The MSRP for the -03R is the base price for our LS-03 custom.
My own MSRP calculation (for both LS and LSV) was 112 dollars less than what John told me it was, and now I know it was because John was using a price list that accounted for the price increase.
Anyhow, I can now sleep better at night, with that last trivial mystery explained, and I am also quite happy with the satin finish.
I know this is all nitpicking details, of relatively no importance, but it was important to me to figure out what the F-VI was going to cost while we were making the spec, and all I could do is conclude there was some fog involved in the fretboard and the VI inlay. Turns out the blank fretboard and VI inlay are genuine freebees.
Mike
Pages: 1 ... 17 [18] 19 ... 45   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: