Pages: 1 ... 15 [16] 17 ... 42   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Forum VI Waiting Room  (Read 15153 times)
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: November 18, 2021, 03:40:36 PM »

I agree - we must be getting close! VERY EXCITING!!!

All guitars are left-handed:

1979 L-19
1988 L-04 (04 = 09 with Flamed Maple b&s)
1992 OM-05
2022 LS-03 Forum VI (Moon Spruce/Walnut)
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: November 18, 2021, 03:42:13 PM »

And Holy Cow... this thread is now on page 16!!!

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05
Rockysdad

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: November 18, 2021, 03:45:59 PM »

16 pages & over 300 posts !!!

Are they ready yet ?       

Herman.

L-10, L-03FM, OM-05
 Forum VI, & "others"
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: November 18, 2021, 04:54:58 PM »

All I know is I'm getting ready to unload some money out of my bank account...

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05
jwdecour

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: November 18, 2021, 05:32:33 PM »

I am on stand by for one of the four extras.  I have not heard anything from Larrivee yet.  I imagine they will get out the 16 original orders and make sure they all land to their new homes safely before they will start to work through the extra ones, but I could be wrong.  It has been fun to watch the build and to see the ending of the process getting closer.  I don't know about everyone else but I have been checking on here for updates a few times every day. 
mike in lytle
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: November 18, 2021, 07:10:14 PM »

I am on stand by for one of the four extras.  I have not heard anything from Larrivee yet.  I imagine they will get out the 16 original orders and make sure they all land to their new homes safely before they will start to work through the extra ones, but I could be wrong.  It has been fun to watch the build and to see the ending of the process getting closer.  I don't know about everyone else but I have been checking on here for updates a few times every day. 
John,
I am guessing you won't hear from Larrivee for a little while.
I am also "hoping" Dennis and Matt are checking for updates here as well.
In order, the list is #1 yourself (John), #2 Dennis, and #3 Matt.
Welcome to the club!!!

And you are right, we have 16 original orders. I thought we had 15.
Out of a run of 20, 19 were made because Larrivee lacked one last set of nice walnut.

There is info for the waiting list folks (all 3 of you so far), I will share the following from John....
1. There is one (1) LS and two (2) LSV potentially as extras right now.
2. Current orders get priority over the waiting list if Larrivee loses a guitar in production.

Now if Larrivee "loses" a guitar in production, it could mean that particular production guitar could be sold as B stock.
I doubt Larrivee is going to lose any guitars in production.

I don't know when the F-VI guitars will be completed, I think we will all find out at the same time.
Mike
gtrplayer

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: November 18, 2021, 08:21:45 PM »

John,
I am guessing you won't hear from Larrivee for a little while.
I am also "hoping" Dennis and Matt are checking for updates here as well.
In order, the list is #1 yourself (John), #2 Dennis, and #3 Matt.
Welcome to the club!!!

And you are right, we have 16 original orders. I thought we had 15.
Out of a run of 20, 19 were made because Larrivee lacked one last set of nice walnut.

There is info for the waiting list folks (all 3 of you so far), I will share the following from John....
1. There is one (1) LS and two (2) LSV potentially as extras right now.
2. Current orders get priority over the waiting list if Larrivee loses a guitar in production.

Now if Larrivee "loses" a guitar in production, it could mean that particular production guitar could be sold as B stock.
I doubt Larrivee is going to lose any guitars in production.

I don't know when the F-VI guitars will be completed, I think we will all find out at the same time.
Mike

I'm always checking for updates Mike.  Thanks for all your work on this project.
Riverbend
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: November 19, 2021, 12:46:16 AM »

Random thoughts while waiting in the waiting room!
I kind of have an idea what this guitar will sound like...sort of. I've had a moonwood topped LV-03. I also have a walnut O-01 (on loan to my son who now owns the LV-03 RE-IAS). I also have an OM-40. But I've never had all three major components all rolled into one guitar. I believe the bracing will play a major role in it's voice, and I believe the woods, especially as the moonwood opens up, will combine to  make these something special. The update pictures have made this really cool and my anticipation is growing proportionately. I imagine we'll have to have a new thread dedicated to our own individual impressions once we get them in our hands. Any good ideas for what we call that one? How about The Forum VI Review Room?
As these things typically go, someone, down the road, will likely part with their VI. Hmmmm...I wonder who will be the first to sell? Seems like a crazy notion at this point to even suggest, but it wouldn't be the first time. Oh, but these just feel like lifetime keepers, even at this earl stage...don't they?

Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
Larrivee F-33 Mandolin (10/21/2008)
Larrivee F-33 Mandolin (8/1/2008)
Soliver Pancake Mandolin
Rockysdad

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: November 19, 2021, 12:58:40 AM »

Well, I’ve still got the first guitar I bought in ‘72 ( Yamaha FG-140 ) and every one I’ve purchased since, total is 6 at this point, I may sell my others ( doubtful )but the Larrivee’s will stay.😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herman.

L-10, L-03FM, OM-05
 Forum VI, & "others"
mike in lytle
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: November 19, 2021, 01:13:10 AM »

I'm always checking for updates Mike.  Thanks for all your work on this project.
I am curious, and you don't have to answer...
You were one of the first people interested in the F-VI, but way back when, you were interested in koa....
You are jumping in now, and I get it sort of, but what I am curious about is why you didn't order an F-VI back in June?
Mike
mike in lytle
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: November 19, 2021, 01:46:20 AM »

I imagine we'll have to have a new thread dedicated to our own individual impressions once we get them in our hands. Any good ideas for what we call that one? How about The Forum VI Review Room?
You are in charge.......
Mike
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: November 19, 2021, 02:01:09 AM »

16 pages! Has this thread finally killed ... er ... ended the other one? Way to go Mike!  
Riverbend
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: November 19, 2021, 02:07:35 AM »

You are in charge.......
Mike
Well, not sure anyone needs to be in charge of the follow up, but you sure have done a great job "in charge" of this one! 
Thanks for getting us here!

Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Soliver Pancake Mandolin
mike in lytle
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: November 19, 2021, 02:10:06 AM »

16 pages! Has this thread finally killed ... er ... ended the other one? Way to go Mike!
A small blip like a Forum guitar cannot end or even begin to influence other, larger, more lengthy and powerful currents in this forum.
Mike
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: November 19, 2021, 02:46:54 AM »

A small blip like a Forum guitar cannot end or even begin to influence other, larger, more lengthy and powerful currents in this forum.
Mike

I dunno, no one's posted on that one for quite a while. Maybe it takes an entire thread to kill what a post from a single thread killer can't even injure? Youda man!  

We now send you back to the regularly scheduled program.
jwdecour

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: November 19, 2021, 01:31:04 PM »

I agree Mike has done an amazing job with keeping everything moving along.  I reached out to him a month or two ago about any possible extra guitars or a potential wait list and he reached back out to me to inform me of just such an opportunity.  Thanks for taking the reins on this project and seeing it through to the finish line.
gtrplayer

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: November 19, 2021, 08:31:25 PM »

I am curious, and you don't have to answer...
You were one of the first people interested in the F-VI, but way back when, you were interested in koa....
You are jumping in now, and I get it sort of, but what I am curious about is why you didn't order an F-VI back in June?
Mike

You're right Mike, however I was in the process of unloading some guitars to finance a custom Collings.  Since then I've nixed the Collings as the price was reaching >$7k and realized that my Forum III has always done the job and I'm always reaching for it.  Being that the Forum VI has all the specs I'm looking for (12 fret, cutaway, different woods) I decided to jump back in.  I really like the Larrivee sound.
Bard

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: November 20, 2021, 12:43:33 AM »

We're glad you're in the club...and that you came to your senses   
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: November 20, 2021, 03:54:45 AM »

I just had a thought about our guitars, concerning the pickguard, so I had to go do some research. The pickguard will be put in the case, unattached.  (See post #552 on this page: http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=54564.540)

Exactly what I wanted (don't like pickguards on the L-body Larrivees; just doesn't look right to us old Larry traditionalists).

Anyway...

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05
Riverbend
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: November 20, 2021, 12:11:05 PM »

Thought I'd post this link where an editor at Acoustic Guitar reviews the Anthem dual source (which is what I ordered), and it's in a Larrivee! Anyone still on the fence for a pickup...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNJwDq3OV6o

Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Soliver Pancake Mandolin
Pages: 1 ... 15 [16] 17 ... 42   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: