Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paul Asbell House Concert - Orlando, Fl  (Read 497 times)
orsino
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: March 01, 2005, 01:51:28 AM »

The Glades Gang CFL presents Paul Asbell in Concert in the Orlando Metro area…..

PAUL ASBELL House Concert Sunday March 20th

Paul is an incredibly talented roots-based singer and guitarist who performs highly individualized twists on blues and jazz standards, old-timey country-based themes and original pieces from the "american roots" tradition.  His CD "Steel String Americana" received rave reviews in Guitar Player, Acoustic Guitar, Vintage Guitar, Sing Out, Downbeat, and Dirty Linen, as well as glowing quotes from familiar folks like Brooks Williams, Roy Bookbinder, and David Bromberg, who said "I've actually been a fan of Paul's guitar playing for quite a few years - I think he's one of the best-kept secrets in American music today!"
Paul has performed and recorded with numerous blues, folk,and jazz legends including Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, Howlin' Wolf, Paul Butterfield, Lightnin' Hopkins, Mary McCaslin, Rosalie Sorrels, David Bromberg, Jon Hendricks, Bobby McFerrin, Sonny Stitt, Joshua Redman, and countless others.  This is Paul's first solo appearance in Central Florida......a concert not to be missed!  Advance reservations are required.  Seats are selling, but space is still available.  

Sunday, March 20 * 7:00 PM *  
Artist Donation: $15
http://www.paulasbell.com

Of his CD "Steel String American", Dan Forte of Vintage Guitar Magazine said:   "...Steel String Americana is... a sumptuously recorded showcase for the myriad wondrous tones of the solo acoustic guitar- played by one who knows how to extract them all... Definitely one of my favorite guitar CD's of 2002."

Guitar Player Magazine describes Paul this way:  "Solo acoustic guitarists tend to specialize in one genre, but Paul Asbell delights in exploring a spectrum of styles. With steady hands and a relaxed sense of swing, he tackles bouncy ragtime fingerpicking, crisp flatpicking, and lush, jazzy chording with equal aplomb.... Asbell... reveals his mastery of dynamics, phrasing, and timbres on this impressive debut."

For Reservations, address and directions, please contact:

Ed Corson guitared@earthlink.net 1-407-625-6089
Michael A. Wong mwong61@yahoo.com 1-407-823-7710

dberch
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 09:56:48 PM »

Are you hosting these things, Orsion?  Darn I wish I lived closer!!  I will be checking out his CD for sure, thought.

David

So many songs - so little time...
Finger Picking good Folk, Blues, Gospel, Roots, Rags, and Originals
www.davidberchtold.com
orsino
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 05:02:25 PM »

bump

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: