Are Some of These Sellers on Something?

Started by ducktrapper, November 04, 2020, 08:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This showed up in my inbox today. I burst out laughing at many of the asking prices. $378,085.73 For a 1960 Les Paul? That's CDN. Would you take 378,000.00 even?  :laughin:

https://reverb.com/news/gallery-the-coolest-vintage-guitars-on-reverb-right-now?utm_source=braze&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=DealsandSteals_20201104_(US)

I know dealers who back in the day paid that much with the desire to get $500,000.for them I know one that just put 59 under his bed because he couldn't look at any more. :roll
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Yeah, before the 2008 recession, vintage guitar prices went nuts - and yes, LP's were bringing $350K - $500K - just crazy! Rare and custom color '50's Strats were approaching $75K.

Things have settled down a lot since then, and because we Boomers are getting older and downsizing our collections, those kinds of prices *probably* won't be seen again. It would've been a lot smarter to put that half a mil in a mutual fund...
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on November 05, 2020, 10:07:52 AM
Yeah, before the 2008 recession, vintage guitar prices went nuts - and yes, LP's were bringing $350K - $500K - just crazy! Rare and custom color '50's Strats were approaching $75K.

Things have settled down a lot since then, and because we Boomers are getting older and downsizing our collections, those kinds of prices *probably* won't be seen again. It would've been a lot smarter to put that half a mil in a mutual fund...

Even if I won the Powerball and money was no object, I wouldn't pay that much for a guitar. Any guitar. Unless it came with a yacht.  :laughin: 

I liked it better when it cost money to list something. Made it much easier as a buyer because every ******* with extra time on his hands didn't list his collection for fantasy prices.
Now, people think they're sitting on a goldmine because they saw something similar listed for a fortune by some yahoo. It's not just in the guitar world either.

D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.

I know a bunch of collectors sitting on stuff that they paid way to much for.Plus LP burst from 58-60 a much smaller number were produced compared to how many are on the market.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help