Asheville anyone?

Started by flatlander, September 03, 2020, 04:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I've been offline a while but here's my update. After dust settled from my house burning down, or insurance settled, I've bought a house on the other side of the state and moved from the coast to the mountains from hence I came. Not the sames exact ones but just outside of Asheville NC. Bat Cave/Chimney Rock/Lake Lure area. I'm actually on top of a mountain above Bat Cave. I know there were a couple people from around Asheville on here. Looking for pickers to play with. For fun to start perhaps gigs down the road. But right now just looking to get settled with new friends and enjoy. Here's some pics from my back porch and back yard.  And one with "the boys" just down the road in Chimney Rock. It's beautiful!  Any local pickers...let's hook up! I'm about ready to get back in the groove.

IMG_20200822_071317648 by Matthew Miller, on Flickr

IMG_20200822_065642308 by Matthew Miller, on Flickr

IMG_20200822_112306959 by Matthew Miller, on Flickr

34 Autumn View mountain view 2 by Matthew Miller, on Flickr

34 Autumn View mountain view by Matthew Miller, on Flickr
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

Looks beautiful Matt. Hope all is well with you in these strange times.  :beer

Beautiful Matt! Enjoy what life brings
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Thanks guys and yea.. :bgrin:  Sittin" on top with the view and the strange world left down below. It's beautiful everyday. Even when it rains.

It is so beautiful, Matt.  You picked well.  I hope life is better to you this year!

Quote from: Silence Dogood on September 07, 2020, 03:43:13 PM
Who's who in the pic?
My son Taylor next to me, and my stepson, Taylor's 1/2 brother. They came to visit the first week from Charleston (SC) and Charlotte. They approved!

Does this mean you have to change your forum name?  :?

:donut :coffee
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on September 09, 2020, 10:07:11 AM

Welcome Mountaineer!  :cheers

Quote from: Mikeymac on September 09, 2020, 10:07:11 AM

Hmm. Possible. Flatlander was always just to make fun of myself because when I was younger I swore I'd never live where it was flat. So perhaps yes!

Congratulations, Matt!.

What a fantastic setting.

Nice landing.

Quote from: ST on September 14, 2020, 11:21:38 AM
Congratulations, Matt!.

What a fantastic setting.

Nice landing.
Thanks. Yes funny how things work out.

It is very attractive and near to nature. I always has a dream to get a house anywhere like yours. By the way, best of luck for your dream living.