Is Larrivee up and running in Oxford yet (post COVID-19)? UPDATE - JULY 30, 2020

Started by Mikeymac, July 25, 2020, 02:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I'm just curious if anyone knows if Larrivee employees are back to building guitars again?

We used to have a couple folks on this forum who lived in the area and checked in on Jean and the crew occasionally;
don't know if we have anyone able to do that these days?

Maybe John, Jr. or someone else can check in and give an update...

:+1:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on July 25, 2020, 02:05:18 PM
I'm just curious if anyone knows if Larrivee employees are back to building guitars again?

We used to have a couple folks on this forum who lived in the area and checked in on Jean and the crew occasionally;
don't know if we have anyone able to do that these days?

Sure do miss Walkerman with his updates that's for sure!
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

I ordered a left handed  Larrivee  L9 on the 30 July,2019.
I made numerous inquiries  and was advised I should expect it possibly the 2nd week in May,2020.
I never heard anymore word on a delivery date,so in July,I made more Inquires through my dealer.On the. 13 th July,I received information that the neck and the body were in the paint shop,and it would be maybe 3/4 weeks.
As of today I have never heard anything else,so I will leave it up to you is the factory running.

Quote from: ianc on July 26, 2020, 01:22:34 PM
I ordered a left handed  Larrivee  L9 on the 30 July,2019.
I made numerous inquiries  and was advised I should expect it possibly the 2nd week in May,2020.
I never heard anymore word on a delivery date,so in July,I made more Inquires through my dealer.On the. 13 th July,I received information that the neck and the body were in the paint shop,and it would be maybe 3/4 weeks.
As of today I have never heard anything else,so I will leave it up to you is the factory running.

It would be unusual to hear anything about the progress of your guitar from a larger company like Larrivee versus a small shop or solo builder that *might* send out updates, pics, etc. So that's not really surprising. I've ordered a couple custom Martins - after you place your order, crickets. You just wait until you get a call from your dealer saying the guitar is done. I suspect with Larrivee it's much the same way.

I also have an order in (for a Tommy Emmanuel signature lefty), that's why I'm curious if they're back to work or not yet.

Your L-09 sounds like a nice guitar - please post pics after it arrives!

I just posted this so as others could get an idea of the wait timelines.
Did you get your Martin?

Quote from: ianc on July 27, 2020, 11:00:38 AM

Did you get your Martin?

I just ordered my most recent Martin Custom Shop guitar (a "J-28" - a Jumbo with mostly 28 style trim, plus Alpine Spruce top, Golden Era top braces) in early June, so I probably won't see it until Christmas (best case scenario) or after first of the year/2021 (much more realistic).

UPDATE - JULY 30, 2020

I was able to check with John Jr., and he said I could share this with the forum:

"We are back up and running with some staff shortage due to daycare and summer camp closures. At the same time we are also slowly trying to increase our build rate to meet the demand of our growing back order. Larrivee popularity is growing faster than we can build."

Great news all the way around!

Great news !, glad to hear it. :thumb
Herman.

L-10, L-03FM, OM-05
Forum VI, & "others"