Larrivee L-10 manufactured in 1995

Started by Gyana, July 23, 2020, 07:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greetings! Am thinking about selling my Angel...... that's what I've always called her. She's and L-10 with inlay on the neck the body and up on the machine head. The pick guard is clear. Great condition. Wondering how to figure out how much to ask. I have no idea. I looked up the serial number here but I don't see the specs. I don't see many of this particular version of the model on the internet. It's going to be VERY difficult to part with her, am hoping for some one who will love her and the beautiful sounds she makes! Thanks so much for reading this! any replies are very much appreciated. Cheers!

Pictures are always helpful. Generally speaking my guess estimate based on your description would be ballpark $1500 give or take $200 depending on condition, location and luck.

Once you establish a price you can list in the For Sale section if you wish (I moved from there as no price was listed - Forum Rules) - recommend you give the rules a read as will take <5 minutes.

Good Luck
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Do you have any idea what year it is (if you bought it new, what year did you buy it)?

You will find the serial number on guitars built after @1980 on the neck block inside the soundhole. Early ones  will have two numbers separated by a space; in your case, an L-10 will have a "10" then a space, then a four digit serial number. Later Larrivees had the "10" stamped  on the neck block, then the rest of the serial number under it on the next line. Then later (late 80's/early 90's I'm guessing, like my 1992 OM-05) have just a 5 digit serial number, then later (when Larrivee went over 100.000 guitars) a 6 digit serial number, with no model number stamped on the neck block.

And sometimes, none of this seems to apply, and you'll run into something different!

You can look up the manufacture date with your serial number on Larrivee's website HERE.

Good luck and welcome. As was said, pictures really help - especially a picture of the label inside the soundhole, and the neck block.

Don't forget to bring the...

:donut :coffee
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on July 24, 2020, 10:15:56 AM
Do you have any idea what year it is (if you bought it new, what year did you buy it)?

You will find the serial number on guitars built after @1980 on the neck block inside the soundhole. Early ones  will have two numbers separated by a space; in your case, an L-10 will have a "10" then a space, then a four digit serial number. Later Larrivees had the "10" stamped  on the neck block, then the rest of the serial number under it on the next line. Then later (late 80's/early 90's I'm guessing, like my 1992 OM-05) have just a 5 digit serial number, then later (when Larrivee went over 100.000 guitars) a 6 digit serial number, with no model number stamped on the neck block.

And sometimes, none of this seems to apply, and you'll run into something different!

You can look up the manufacture date with your serial number on Larrivee's website HERE.

Good luck and welcome. As was said, pictures really help - especially a picture of the label inside the soundhole, and the neck block.

Don't forget to bring the...

:donut :coffee
Mike the Year of Mfg is in the title 1995
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on July 24, 2020, 01:01:44 PM

Mike the Year of Mfg is in the title 1995

DUH! Thanks. In that case, the S.N. on the neck block will likely be a 5-digit number which you can look up at the link in my previous post (on Larrivee's website).

I agree that the estimate of value given by JOYCEfromNS is in the ballpark for your guitar.
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Gyana...realize this is a few weeks late but may help none the less.  Have been unable to access this forum for the past few months due to my terminally ill computer.  On a whim, tried today on new laptop and password walked right in.....

Recently sold an LV 10 on Reverb for around 2200 and felt like I was mugged.  Not because I lost money but because of the guitar itself. 

Looking for an LV-03 R and they offered the 10 for a few hundred more so I bought as a new-old guitar from shop that had it hanging on the wall for 4 years.

Think I described the sound as not as bass as a Martin or as bright as a Taylor but simply beautiful and easy to listen to.  Not a pro, only been playing for just over 3 yrs but I've been to the Martin factory and played 3 brand new 28's and put them back on the wall...wasn't impressed (did buy and still have a 35 and love it).

The neck was my downfall, even had to get a special capo.  It was too thick, too deep, too much and I just couldn't get used to it.  I'm a wood carver by advocation and my sister suggested I thin out the neck.  Tempted but not that stupid.

After several months of playing it less and less, finally decided to sell it.  Only lasted 2-3 weeks on Reverb so there is a market for them although limited.

Again, I'm not that educated on guitars, intonation, sustain, etc....but I loved the sound of that 10 and wish It had a different neck.  Several players who were at my house and played it were stunned by the sound and wished they could buy it without getting killed by their wives.

I don't think prices on Larrivees are legit because most people have never played one...but if you're patient, you'll find someone that has and appreciates a good sounding guitar.

Good luck with your sale,

john