Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two 1996 Larrivées Reunited  (Read 86 times)
archtop

Ignore
« on: August 20, 2020, 03:07:35 AM »

I joined the forum to share this cool little story.

I first played a Larrivée in an acoustic guitar shop in Perth, Australia, in the late 90’s. Perth is where my wife is from. It was my favourite guitar in the store at the time. I bought my 1996 Larrivée L-19 a while after, from Perth and had it shipped over to Sydney, on the other side of the continent, where I live. I’ve owned it for 20 odd years.

I picked up a used Larrivée 12 string yesterday, also from 1996. I wasn’t looking for one, but an opportunity arose. I asked the seller about it’s history. He said he bought it at around the same time I bought mine, and mentioned the owner was a doctor from Perth. It turns out it was purchased from the same guy I’d bought mine from, all those years ago.

I’ve had mine for 20 years. He’s had his for 20 years. I think the doctor must have originally bought both guitars at the same time. What are the odds that these guitars would be together again, owned by the same player almost a quarter of a century after the original owner bought them?

As a side note, I would love to locate a catalog from the era appropriate to my guitars, or find out what years paper catalogs were produced so I can hunt one down. Any help there would be much appreciated.

Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 03:25:51 AM »

Cool guitar story/history.Thamks

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help
ryler
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 04:39:09 PM »

That just defies the odds in a happy way.  Congratulations on your purchases, then and now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: