Covid19/Coronavirus - How's it affecting your world?

Started by JOYCEfromNS, March 12, 2020, 08:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: eded on May 18, 2020, 10:52:37 PM
Thank you for wearing a mask.

Whether you have or have had the virus, you are doing the best thing to not transmit it to others.  Assuming others around you are doing the same, it is the most effective way to keep from getting the virus, also.

(Repeatable) Science rules.

Ed
Ed my concern is that the scientists originally said not to wear them and then changed their minds.  Why?  Did the science change?

Quote from: Strings4Him on May 19, 2020, 06:20:05 AM
Ed my concern is that the scientists originally said not to wear them and then changed their minds.  Why?  Did the science change?

The science stays the same.  Conclusions change because more data is collected and analyzed.

Ed

Quote from: Strings4Him on May 19, 2020, 06:20:05 AM
Ed my concern is that the scientists originally said not to wear them and then changed their minds.  Why?  Did the science change?

There was a concern that the public would exhaust current mask inventories leaving little left for healthcare workers who take care of the sick.  Once mask supplies were replenished the public was told to wear them.  Position is everything in life and "science" fluctuates when lives are at risk.

Quote from: ST on May 19, 2020, 10:33:24 AM
Why ask about face masks in a guitar forum?

Look here

or

Lots of information about the history of advice about face masks

or here

This is why the advice on whether you should wear a mask is just so confusing
ST I was curious how others in our forum were being impacted by the use of masks.  I currently have to work from home but will need to wear a mask once the office reopens.  Simple as that 😀

ST by the way your second link has this as the first search result.  I was interested in getting some anecdotal feedback, which is why I've been also asking other people if they personally know anyone who has had the virus.  I, thankfully, do not.

https://time.com/5794729/coronavirus-face-masks/

Fongie:
Congratulations on beating The Virus in Queensland.
Looks like we have beaten it here in New Zealand as well. Our Prime Minister went hard and early to get on top of it.
Interesting that she always shared the stage, when announcements were made, with our top Public Health doctor.
In other words, her ego did not get in the way of taking the very best available medical advice, and acting on it.
So it is business as usual, save gatherings are limited to 100 people, just in case it comes back, so they can trace all the people who were there.
There is now serious talk of soon joining our bubble with the Australian bubble.
Keep safe everyone.
Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K