Im tired of this darn covid virus

Started by DaveyO, June 23, 2020, 07:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: eded on August 10, 2020, 02:47:33 PM

That's the problem with numbers...  people juggle them and make them appear to say things they don't, and disregard the numbers that don't say what they want.

Ed

Ain't it odd that it's only those you disagree with that do this?     

Quote from: ducktrapper on August 10, 2020, 03:00:13 PM
Ain't it odd that it's only those you disagree with that do this?     

When it's people I usually agree with, I point it out to them.

Ed

Quote from: eded on August 10, 2020, 03:02:32 PM
When it's people I usually agree with, I point it out to them.

Ed

That you agree with them or that you believe them? Aye, but there's the rub, as the Bard says. Maybe, unlike me, you've never been in agreement with or believed something that's dead wrong. As Twain was reported as saying, "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Been there, done that. Moved on.     :beer

Quote from: ducktrapper on August 11, 2020, 12:51:39 PM
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Been there, done that. Moved on.     :beer
A quote I came across as a young lad that had a lifelong  impact on my disposition and thought process
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on August 11, 2020, 02:22:35 PM
A quote I came across as a young lad that had a lifelong  impact on my disposition and thought process
This is why I laugh when people say there are no absolutes.  I chuckle and say, "Are you absolutely sure?"

Quote from: gtrplayer on June 25, 2020, 12:26:59 PM
Don't worry it will all be over Nov. 3 of this year.
Yeah, that's still how I feel about the whole thing.  So politicized every day.
Play it daily for best results.

Quote from: gtrplayer on June 25, 2020, 12:26:59 PM
Don't worry it will all be over Nov. 3 of this year.

Or get worse....
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

Unfortunately a precedent has been set with the pandemic.  Pols have discovered that they have new powers with curtailing first amendment rights and freedoms. And of course, it's all for our own good.  The sheep have responded so wonderfully that the giddiness is quite intoxicating.  The next opportunity will be climate change and how we must change to confront the "existential threat".  The appropriate scientists will be rounded up and will sing glorious harmonies designed to scare and the pols will run with it while concealing their hidden agendas.  Life will go on just a bit more limited.

The Insurrection Act could be employed if necessary.

Never would have thought so many people would become sheeple. I'm getting too old for this world.  :arrow

Quote from: ducktrapper on September 14, 2020, 11:11:05 AM
Never would have thought so many people would become sheeple. I'm getting too old for this world.  :arrow
Amen to that!

https://youtu.be/xqRpyG0W96k

I think everyone has tired and even now, things are getting better. Schools and universities are opening in many states. I am just hoping that it wouldn't spike again in this winter.

Further report from here in new Zealand.
We managed to eliminate the virus from our country, but the virus is very virulent and it came back in via New Zealanders returning home from overseas.
We have now strengthened our border security, and almost eliminated the virus a second time by all doing exactly what we are told to do.
We are just about back to normal.
Our prime minister, a 40 year old women called Jacinda, has nearly everyone's full support.
She works very closely with the medical public health experts.
Our chief public health doctor's name is Dr Ashley, and we are all very grateful for his humility and guidance.
We all think out strategy is the best one, and our Covid statistics back the path that we are on.
We have had very clear leadership from leaders that have put public health ahead of their own ego's.
Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K

Quote from: carruth on September 21, 2020, 02:35:14 AM

We have had very clear leadership from leaders that have put public health ahead of their own ego's.

If only this would spread like the virus...

Ed

We managed to eliminate the virus from our country, but the virus is very virulent and it came back in via New Zealanders returning home from overseas.
We have now strengthened our border security, and almost eliminated the virus a second time by all doing exactly what we are told to do.
We are just about back to normal.
Our prime minister, a 40 year old women called Jacinda, has nearly everyone's full support.
She works very closely with the medical public health experts.
Our chief public health doctor's name is Dr Ashley, and we are all very grateful for his humility and guidance.
We all think out strategy is the best one, and our Covid statistics back the path that we are on.
Do you have any statistics on the approach your country has used for testing?  Which tests?  Are asymptomatic people being tested?

Not to be disagreeable but you live on an island far from anywhere. That natural "social distancing" rather than leadership may explain your success at not many getting sick. I live in the middle of Canada, 1,000 miles from Toronto and there is very little COVID here. I don't credit the P.M. for things he actually can't control. Like good fortune. After all, politicians will take credit for the sun coming up and get blamed when it goes down. So it goes.  :beer

We have now strengthened our border security...
This is probably still considered common sense in NZ where it is "xenophobia" in the USA.  Either way, I'm glad things are going well there.