Covid19/Coronavirus - How's it affecting your world?

Started by JOYCEfromNS, March 12, 2020, 08:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: ducktrapper on March 22, 2020, 06:31:28 AM

She phoned the supervisor at the Pigeon River Port of Entry and gave him a piece of her mind!  :laughin: 

Phoned him anonymously, I'm sure!  :laughin:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Went for a Sunday drive yesterday morning along the waterfront. Seems no one is taking this Virus seriously. We were told to stay home or if we were out to be at list 1 metre apart from the closest person, HUH!!! What a joke, every Café, Fish & Chip shop was packed, the beaches were packed, waterfront market was open to the public. Drop in Woolworths, there were seniors everywhere shopping.

It's quiet here.  Everything involving groups of people is cancelled.  We were doing livestream church, but now we are prerecording and splicing to keep group size down.  I've still been working because I'm a pro gardener, and my job is solitary by design.  But I heard (from the parents of tomorrow's client) that my job site tomorrow is not safe, as my client's son was definitely exposed. 

This morning I went down to Deception Pass with my partner, stood on a bluff overlooking the water, and soaked in the silence and solitude.  I don't mind the social distance or isolation.  But I am worried for the people I know who are in high risk groups.
2010 LSV-11e
2002 4E Jose Ramirez
1998 S6+folk Seagull
1986 Charvel Model 3A
2001 Fender Jazz bass
1935 A-OO Gibson mandolin
1815 JG Hamm violin

I spend most days alone except when clients show.Well no clients my wife tried to work from home but just couldn't do it.My son is home 24/7 from school.I think I'll put him to work cleaning the shed.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Today, March 23, Guitar Tex in San Antonio has basically closed down for new business. They will offer sales "curbside" for strings and stuff if you call ahead, but are no longer accepting instruments for service, setups or repair. Guitars will still be sold through Reverb.
They made the decision this morning. They will work on the service backlog they have in-house then decide what to do. Meanwhile, the store is off limits to the public.
I guess I was lucky they didn't have time to call me before I headed up there at noon to drop one of my Larrivees off for some work, cause even tho I did not get to leave the guitar I was able to go in and talk for a little while with John.
The store will not go "out of business". They will mostly likely change methods of operation. At any rate, it's like "if restaurants are closed, then Guitar Tex should be closed". I'm likely the last customer to get in the door, probably only cause I am familiar to them.

This has been the only thing really impacting me so far. Grocery shopping is just a minor pain.
Oh, yeah, traffic was really light going back and forth into San Antonio.
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

OK Monday morning and the wife is being forced to work from home,the boy helped me clear some floor space in the shed so I can start building walls. :nanadance
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Hitting close to home now.  My best friend since 2nd grade has learned that his wife has Covid-19.   She's 70.  In the hospital and cannot breathe.  It doesn't look good   

Quote from: tuffythepug on March 24, 2020, 03:46:25 PM
Hitting close to home now.  My best friend since 2nd grade has learned that his wife has Covid-19.   She's 70.  In the hospital and cannot breathe.  It doesn't look good  

So sorry to hear this bad news. I hope and pray she pulls through. What terrible news, what terrible news. You know, we always hope and pray newss like this don't happen to one of our love ones or anyone for that matter.

Hitting close to home now.  My best friend since 2nd grade has learned that his wife has Covid-19.   She's 70.  In the hospital and cannot breathe.  It doesn't look good   

An old friend... a drummer, died from it on the 17th.

If it kills 1/10th of the population...  we are all affected.  Some closer than others, but ALL of us.

Quote from: eded on March 24, 2020, 11:32:44 PM
An old friend... a drummer, died from it on the 17th.

If it kills 1/10th of the population...  we are all affected.  Some closer than others, but ALL of us.

I am so sorry to hear this, not good. Yes, I'd be bullsh.tting if I say I am not scared especially with my heart condition. I hope you all stay safe.

Just read Jackson Browne has tested positive for COVID-19.
Sounds like he's got a mild case.

I know there's a lot of fans here on this forum.
Wishing him a speedy recovery.

10%? This is not going to kill 35 million people in the US or three quarters of a billion world wide. That's just silly.  :beer

This is by far the most important post that I have ever made on this Forum.
Down here in New Zealand, our Government has decided that the best cause of action is to totally lock down the whole country... to stop the Virus spreading.
We are all in lock down, living in what our Prime Minister calls our "Bubbles", and we have to stay at home in our Bubbles, except for essential services.
Only hospitals, supermarkets, doctors, chemists and petrol stations are open. All other businesses, and I mean really mean everything else, is closed.
You are allowed to go for a walk, but must keep six feet apart.
We are all very happy with our Government's extreme actions, as we know that the Government is listening to, and acting on the very best expert advice available.
The alternative is what is happening in Italy and Spain right now.
You all may care to google "New Zealand Herald", one of our leading newspapers, and read what is happening here in New Zealand, because The Virus is very likely coming your way very soon.
My parents talked about the effects of the Great Depression in the 1930s, and their parents talked about the effects of the Spanish Flu that swept the world in 1918.
Looks like we are getting both at the same time.
You may decide to take steps to get ready now, whilst you can.
Best wishes to you all.
Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K

Quote from: ducktrapper on March 25, 2020, 10:45:28 AM
10%? This is not going to kill 35 million people in the US or three quarters of a billion world wide. That's just silly.  :beer

Yeah...  a high percentage.  Unfortunately, we will never know.  In countries that are smart enough to do testing, the overall percentage is about 3% of those who get it.  Over 65, it is closer to 10%.  The US, federally, isn't being very smart about the whole thing.

Either way, I'm betting most of us will be personally affected...  sick, dead, or know someone who is.

Ed

Quote from: eded on March 25, 2020, 04:40:43 PM
Yeah...  a high percentage.  Unfortunately, we will never know.  In countries that are smart enough to do testing, the overall percentage is about 3% of those who get it.  Over 65, it is closer to 10%.  The US, federally, isn't being very smart about the whole thing.

Either way, I'm betting most of us will be personally affected...  sick, dead, or know someone who is.

Ed

I'll take that bet any day. I guess we'll see but there is no way almost a billion people will die of this. Most will feel like they had a bit of a cold. Hope you are wrong and stay well, however.  :beer

Hitting close to home now.  My best friend since 2nd grade has learned that his wife has Covid-19.   She's 70.  In the hospital and cannot breathe.  It doesn't look good 
Please check this out Tuffy.  Perhaps this course of treatment could help her.  Lots of research on this.

http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v16n16.shtml

I believe this is something everyone should take seriously and we need to stay ahead of it, in our own country, wherever that may be for each of us, and the world.

They don't have a cure and without enough test kits, it's hard to gauge how many people may test positive. We also don't know if someone who recovered from Coronavirus can contract it again. It doesn't help that the CDC was systematically decimated in the US and we were unprepared for this.

Don't forget there are small ways we can all help.

My daughter in law manages a lab with 9 employees at a rural medical center with limited supplies, 4 ventilators and only a handful of masks. My wife has made 50 surgical masks and has another 40 in production for the center. She had enough material to make a couple hundred more but it's slow going. These can be washed, sterilized and reused multiple times.

I gave a pint of blood last week and the blood bank has quadrupled the number of donors which is good to see. I gave the red blood cells which takes twice as long and is used for transfusions.

Stay safe and healthy.

Quote from: carruth on March 25, 2020, 04:12:47 PM
This is by far the most important post that I have ever made on this Forum.
Down here in New Zealand, our Government has decided that the best cause of action is to totally lock down the whole country... to stop the Virus spreading.
We are all in lock down, living in what our Prime Minister calls our "Bubbles", and we have to stay at home in our Bubbles, except for essential services.
Only hospitals, supermarkets, doctors, chemists and petrol stations are open. All other businesses, and I mean really mean everything else, is closed.
You are allowed to go for a walk, but must keep six feet apart.

You all may care to google "New Zealand Herald", one of our leading newspapers, and read what is happening here in New Zealand, because The Virus is very likely coming your way very soon.

You may decide to take steps to get ready now, whilst you can

Sounds like Canada is on the same plan
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)