Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Howard Emerson Concert + Clinic Mar6-7 Georgia  (Read 1280 times)
LittleBrother

Ignore
« on: February 18, 2005, 03:37:51 AM »

Hi Everyone,

Here is everything you need to know about the performance and clinic. The performance Sunday 7-9 PM is in Conyers at a nice place with bar, incredible seafood, dance floor. The guitar seminar is the next day in Roswell 45 minutes away at Dream Catcher guitars. All info below and on the web links. Maps, pictures of the club, etc. Please come support Howard so we can have him back more often. We will be accepting donations and selling CDs at the performance but there is no cover. I am not sure what the admission is to the clinic at Dream Catchers but their info is below. I know one thing. For players and music lovers this is a rare treat. Howard is driving down the eastern US sharing his music and we need to support him and all the great music. Conyers is 30 minutes east of Atlanta and Roswell is about 30 minutes north of Atlanta.

http://www.HowardEmerson.com  LISTEN ONLINE MP3 SAMPLES!

Thanks,
Doug

P.S. I made some photos of the club when it was empty to give an idea of how cool this venue is. The seafood is awesome and the place is very comfortable and smoke free. Outside smoking area. SEE LINK BELOW FOR PHOTOS + WEB VIDEO.

MARCH 6 SUNDAY 7-9PM Dinner Sets
HOWARD EMERSON ONSTAGE PERFORMANCE
PLACE - Captains Table, 1815 Highway 138 Conyers Ga (770)922-7611
WEBPAGE - http://littlebrother.nlpd.com/CaptainsTable/
DIRECTIONS - More Directions: Take I-20 from Atlanta toward Augusta and cross perimeter I-285 and stay on I-20 until Exit 82 Conyers highway 138/20 take exit and right. Go about 3 miles and cross Honey Creek and where you see McDonalds and Kroger. Go 500 feet and turn right at the bank and go up the hill at a right angle. Captains Table on the right in small strip. Sign is hard to read. Lowes and the bowling alley is behind them.

MARCH 7 MONDAY
HOWARD EMERSON GUITAR SEMINAR
PLACE - Dream Catcher Guitars - 26 Webb St Roswell Ga 30075 (770)640-7047
WEBPAGE - http://www.gtrs4u.com/Default4.htm
CLINIC CALENDAR - http://www.gtrs4u.com/cf-dbm/TLRFrames.cfm
DIRECTIONS - http://www.gtrs4u.com/Directions.htm

Check out my new blues site WEB SITE with free acoustic blues lesson videos and more.
sayheyjeff

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 04:44:19 AM »

this all looks great.  would love to get down to georgia and take advantage of some of what you are putting together.  emerson is new to me.  the clips are great.  went to his web for more.  will be trying to catch him in baltimore if I can work it out.  thanks again.

Santa Cruz PJ
Martin om28v
Martin 0018vs
Bourgeois 'Alan Simpson' Slope Dread
Martin LXM (on loan)
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 01:04:02 PM »

LB,

I'll try to make both events.  

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
tubeornot2b

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2005, 08:22:59 PM »

For those in the southeastern Florida Howard will also be in our area in March. n fact he will be doing a apir of house concerts while he is here:

Miami-Dade House Concert (Kendall/South Miami):  Saturday, March 12 * 7:30 PM * Betty's Back Yard

Broward House Concert (Coral Springs):  Sunday, March 13 * 7:00 PM * Pot luck @ 6:00 PM * Boumel  House Concerts

Artist Donation: $15
(Note:  A special discount of $25 applies if reserving for both Howard's Broward concert and the Paul Asbell concert on March 26)

Here is the conatct info....

For the Miami-Dade Concert on March 12:

BETTY'S BACK YARD

Kendall/South Miami, Florida

For reservations and address/directions,

call 305-595-1901 or email:  betty_f@bellsouth.net

For the Broward Concert on March 13:

BOUMEL HOUSE CONCERTS

Coral Springs, Florida

For reservations and address/directions,

call 954-341-0086 or email:  aboumel@bellsouth.net

LittleBrother

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2005, 11:51:55 PM »

LB,

I'll try to make both events.
Thanks RR!!

Check out my new blues site WEB SITE with free acoustic blues lesson videos and more.
D4ve

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2005, 03:04:17 PM »

LB
Thanks for posting that. He is new to me also.
Very interesting. I am going to buy his CDs.
I'm sorry Georgia is so far away.
Thanks again
Dave :)  

Larrivee D60
Taylor 422 Maple
Delux Tele Plus
cantico nuevo

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2005, 04:09:49 PM »

this all looks great.  would love to get down to georgia and take advantage of some of what you are putting together.  emerson is new to me.  the clips are great.  went to his web for more.  will be trying to catch him in baltimore if I can work it out.  thanks again.
When/where will he be in Baltimore?  Where is he based?

'm near D.C. and would consider driving to the Georgia event.  Anybody else interested in driving down together?

sayheyjeff

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2005, 04:34:43 PM »

cantico nuevo

copying the emerson info from the martin forum (good place to visit).

slim chance I'll try for either thursday or friday.  went to his web and heard a number of his recordings.  didn't know of him but listened just because he was coming to the area.  looks like a real find to me.  

jeff

H.Emerson tour starts today!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Hi all,
Today is the start of my little 9 gig, 14 day east coast tour. Several of the shows have already sold out, thankfully, but here are all the stops in case you see one nearby that you'd like to attend.

1.Sunday, Feb. 27 Sheli Anthony's house concert in Middlesex, NJ. This one is sold out, alas..........I can't think of a more comfortable starting place!

2. Monday, Feb.28 at Maury's Music. 7-9 pm, 146  2nd Street, Coaldale, PA 18218 Phone: 570-645-3761. Although there's snow forcast for this, I'm getting into town Sunday night to avoid it and there's already a great crowd booked, many within walking distance to the shop, so it should be real cozy, with a frosted lace window frame :-)

3. Thursday Mar.3 Melodee Music 8:30-10:00 pm, 46077 Lake Center Plaza
Sterling, VA 20165, (703) 450-4667 ask for Rob Mock. This venue is where I did my first Martin Clinic back in 2001. A 100 seat tiered semi-circle theatre in the store is a perfect setting for everyone having a great seat! Go here for details: Melodee Music

4. Friday Mar.4 Chris and Terry Spoleti House concert 8:00-10:00 in Baltimore, MD. This one is already past 35 people, so I don't know how many more can attend, but if interested give Chris a shout at CESPOLETI@aol.com and who knows?

5. MARCH 6 SUNDAY 7-9PM Dinner Sets
HOWARD EMERSON ONSTAGE PERFORMANCE
PLACE - Captains Table, 1815 Highway 138 Conyers Ga (770)922-7611
Doug Jones set this one up for me and I can't wait! I might even be meeting one of the greatest electric players, Barry Bailey, from The Atlanta Rhythm Section, who I've not seen since 1972!! Barry had a huge influence on my playing......Go here for details: Acoustic Player Magazine Discussion Forum -> Howard Emerson Atlanta Area MARCH

6. Mar.7 Monday Dream Catcher Guitar Martin Clinic: 26 Webb St Roswell Ga 30075 (770)640-7047. The same link above will get you to the details. This particular show is a Martin Guitar Clinic and Martin rep Ken Cagle will be there as well.

7. Mar.10 Thursday Main Street Cafe in Homestead, FL. : This is a short performance gig where I'm the 'headliner' for the open mic night. For info go Main Street Cafe - About Us | Live Music | Folk Artists

8. Mar.12 Saturday Betty Friedrichsen house concert in Kendall, FL (Miami suburb) 305-595-1901. Go here for details and just find the date on the calendar for the link: GotFolk Calendar of Events ...............

...........and finally, same link for...............

10. Mar.13 Sunday Arelene Broumel House concert in Coral Springs, FL. from 7:00-9:00 pm. Phone 954-341-0086 home or 954-612-5902 cell.

I'll start driving home on Monday Mar.14, and will basically be taking I-95 North to New York, Yew Nork (you gotta choose one, right Lowell?).

I look forward to meeting a whole lot of you along the way!

Onward,
Howard
Howardemerson.com - The sounds of Howard Emerson

Santa Cruz PJ
Martin om28v
Martin 0018vs
Bourgeois 'Alan Simpson' Slope Dread
Martin LXM (on loan)
cantico nuevo

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2005, 07:05:10 PM »

Thank you for both the Howard Emerson schedule (of which I will try to take advantage), ane for the suggestion about the martin forum - I'venever checked it out but will give it a look.

cantico nuevo (Roger)
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2005, 02:21:08 PM »

I went to the Howard Emerson concert in Conyer's, GA on Sunday and enjoyed some good music, good food, and good company. Little Brother was there with his lovely wife Kay. Several of my pick'n buddies that come to the Dahlonega, GA jams were there also.

I also went to Howard's clinic held monday evening in Roswell,GA as I otherwise had business nearby that day.

Those of you who haven't heard Howard are missing a treat. Great songs, and great guitar playing.

Howard's in Florida this week, so if you're nearby, try to catch him.

http://www.howardemerson.com/

And of course, he has CD's for sale..

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
Howard M Emerson

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2005, 01:46:37 PM »

Hi Randy, Hi Doug,
The tour has been going great, in fact, better than I could have imagined! I am so thankful to all those who, first of all, asked me to do gigs at their homes or at local venues!

A big hat-tip, though, to all those who took the time to drive through the rain, time and space, to attend my performances!

Except for my performance in Coaldale, Pa, where they got 9" of snow, all the shows have been well attended or sold out, as are my last 2 shows at this moment. They are accepting standing room reservations at both the Florida gigs, though.

It was great hanging out with Doug and Kay Jones in Conyers! Very comfortable and relaxing, and Doug video taped me doing a short lesson for his wonderful website, Acousticplayermagazine.com

I have a long drive home starting Monday, and I was considering the Auto Train, but at $350, I figure I'll just get a room one night........

Thanks for all of you who came to the previous 7 shows, and I look forward to meeting some others at the last two shows tonight and tomorrow!

By the way: I played some great Larrivees at Doug's house, including the Pete Anderson with the Harmony sunburst!! Very cool, indeed, and I've loved maple guitars forever, so they're definitely my kind instrument!

Best regards,
Howard Emerson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: