Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How would you compare new Larrivee standard 16" radius vs 16" compound radius  (Read 138 times)
lmg47

Ignore
« on: November 04, 2019, 05:43:16 PM »

Hi,

How would you compare playability / feel / ease of fretting of new Larrivee 16" standard radius neck vs. 16" compound radius?  Most interested in OM and OOO models.

THANKS!
mike in lytle

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 01:57:36 AM »

How would you compare playability / feel / ease of fretting of new Larrivee 16" standard radius neck vs. 16" compound radius?  Most interested in OM and OOO models.
Well, this is what I have. For what it is worth anyhow.
OM-03 laurel, May 2016 (before radius change). I bought it when it was a year old.
OM-03 mahogany, Sept 2019 (current radius). I've had this guitar for several weeks, it is brand new.
Both are setup the same way, by the same tech, have the same strings, get played the same number of hours, have the same K&K pure mini pickup, both are played same, which is finger picking, up and down the neck, up to including all 6 strings at the 12th fret, and the E thru D string up to the 14th fret.
I can't tell any difference in the fret board at all. Each of these guitars gets played probably 6 hours per week.
I have a bunch of Larrivee 6 strings, and I play quite a bit, not pro, but still, not a couch player.
Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: