how many is too much?

Started by DaveyO, August 30, 2019, 11:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I met a guy the other day that owns 31 guitars
I only have one at this time
I do plan to buy another guitar soon,but how many is too many
In your opinion?
Dave

Shamefully I have that many. Yup its too many, as many go unplayed!!! So too many IMO is once you past the threshold of some going unplayed for a considerable length of time say months......
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

I've got 8 or 9 guitars which is way too many however it's a buyer's market and I don't favor giving them away.  So under the bed they sleep :whistling:.

I once owned over 280 but that was my retirerment .Then I gave up a steady pay check and had to live off the sale's for 2 years.Now I've got 6 and want a couple more and they would all get played.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

When you can say, "I have too many guitars." then you do.

I think I have 5. I say I think because the only one that gets played is my C-10 and I haven't looked in the closet for some time. Even my beloved Braz. Martin stays in the closet these days. I could easily get by with just my Larrivee and Martin.
Happily married to the woman of my dreams and looking forward to growing old together.<br />Truly,God has smiled upon this simple man.

I have two acoustics, one electric, and one mandolin, and I can barely keep up with stringing them all.

What,.......... there's such a thing as too many?.......... say it ain't so.  :humour:
Herman.

L-10, L-03FM, OM-05
Forum VI, & "others"

I suppose some would say I play too many instruments in general.  But my goal has been owning only what I really want to play...so one classical, one acoustic, one electric, one bass....etc.  The exception is that Seagull that I didn't get rid of when I got my Larrivée, and mostly because the top is damaged so it would never sell for much.  I'm hanging onto it for my daughter.
2010 LSV-11e
2002 4E Jose Ramirez
1998 S6+folk Seagull
1986 Charvel Model 3A
2001 Fender Jazz bass
1935 A-OO Gibson mandolin
1815 JG Hamm violin