WHAT?! Larrivee Tommy Emmanuel Signature Guitar?! YES!

Started by Mikeymac, August 01, 2019, 12:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okay, so why am I not hearing about this anywhere (especially HERE on the forum)?

Larrivee is working on a Tommy Emmanuel OM-03 . Follow the link to get the details, but the most important info is:

+ it will have a Florentine cutaway (that's a sharp cutaway for those of you in Rio Linda)
+ 12 fret neck
+ list price is a very affordable MSRP $2,000 (which means MAP / street price will be less).
+ coming in the next few months

Hopefully Larrivee can start getting some of these built and out there...

...I haven't been thinking about a new Larrivee for quite some time, but a lefty Tommy Emmanuel may be in my future!

:arrow :drool:

:donut :coffee :donut2 :coffee
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on August 01, 2019, 12:01:32 PM

Hopefully Larrivee can start getting some of these built and out there...

...I haven't been thinking about a new Larrivee for quite some time, but a lefty Tommy Emmanuel may be in my future!

:arrow :drool:

:donut :coffee :donut2 :coffee

Hoo boy, breathe Mike, your GAS is making me dizzy!  :cop:

I like it! Larrivee doesn't have a cutaway 12 fret in it's current factory repertoire.

I hope it sells well enough for JL to expand the 12 fret cutaway offerings. After "12-fret" and "cutaway", that last check box on my list is an OO.
Larrivee OO-05 • Larrivee OOV-03 SS • Larrivee OO-44  • Taylor 322ce • Strat • Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jpmist

HI Folks,

This was not any kind of official release. That will be when the proto types are completed and photographed. Which should be late September. The guitar is a tribute signature edition C-03R 12 fret neck joint (C-03R TE) with signed label. Price is $2748 USD MSRP. The suggested price by HBG is the assumed street price. There has been a presale with dealers. You can check with them on who's been ordering. Thanks

Talk about GAS inducing :crying: :guitar
I'd certainly like to check these out.
Herman.

L-10, L-03FM, OM-05
Forum VI, & "others"

"Holy GASaholic"  Batman, I think it'll be hard to say no on this one.

Pictures when available please.

sweet baby jebus...if only i wasnt destitute.
1975 Larrivee L style
2006 Larrivee OM-03 MQ
1967 Ovation Josh White signature, 12 fret, shiny bowl
yamaha fg450sa
washburn mg-70
line6 variax 300
Parker pm20 quilted bubinga
epi Thunderbird IV bass

Quote from: J M Larrivée on August 01, 2019, 02:41:45 PM
HI Folks,

This was not any kind of official release. That will be when the proto types are completed and photographed. Which should be late September.

The guitar is a tribute signature edition C-03R 12 fret neck joint (C-03R TE) with signed label.

Price is $2748 USD MSRP. The suggested price by HBG is the assumed street price. There has been a presale with dealers. You can check with them on who's been ordering. Thanks

So is it an OM or is it an L body shape, John? Thanks.

Quote from: J M Larrivée on August 01, 2019, 02:41:45 PM
HI Folks,

This was not any kind of official release. That will be when the proto types are completed and photographed. Which should be late September. The guitar is a tribute signature edition C-03R 12 fret neck joint (C-03R TE) with signed label. Price is $2748 USD MSRP. The suggested price by HBG is the assumed street price. There has been a presale with dealers. You can check with them on who's been ordering. Thanks
John, have you got a still shot of this for us?
Would make a mighty fine GOTM Home Page for the forum; know what I mean?

Quote from: Mikeymac on August 02, 2019, 08:50:06 AM
So is it an OM or is it an L body shape, John? Thanks.
The C is an L cutaway. Here's a vid of the original TE Larrivee. C-10 12-Fret;
https://youtu.be/apXSU8F8zWs

D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.

One of the things I really like about this place is when one of the Larrivees steps in and posts.

The other thing I like is the Larrivees. 

The wooden ones. 

:nice guitar:

Quote from: tlp2 on August 05, 2019, 12:04:37 PM
One of the things I really like about this place is when one of the Larrivees steps in and posts.

The other thing I like is the Larrivees. 

The wooden ones. 

:nice guitar:

I agree! I'm up to (3) Larrivees now (all OM's) and am super tempted by this TE model. I hope it is satin finish and minimally adorned. If so, it will be hard to resist!

I don't want to be at Walmart just before Christmas when these things go on sale!  Be cool if buying one would make us play like Tommy...

I've been wondering if this guitar will have the compound radiused neck, or the 16" radius neck. ( I'm hoping the compound radius ).
Does anyone know?
Herman.

L-10, L-03FM, OM-05
Forum VI, & "others"

This sounds like an interesting build to be sure.  As the owner of a 12 fret LV-03, I can say without a doubt that the 12 fret version of an L is a killer guitar.  I got mine with the 40 series bracing as well. 

Quote from: Denis on August 07, 2019, 08:01:13 AM
This sounds like an interesting build to be sure.  As the owner of a 12 fret LV-03, I can say without a doubt that the 12 fret version of an L is a killer guitar.  I got mine with the 40 series bracing as well. 

Treenewt

Any word on these? Will you eventually make a mahogany back and sides?

Quote from: nak on September 28, 2019, 06:47:41 PM
Any word on these? Will you eventually make a mahogany back and sides?

Yeah...pretty close to the end of September and no more info yet.

Maybe John Jr. will chime in and let us know the latest...

Though I admittedly don't listen to Tommy's music, I think these guitars are a great idea. 12 fret nation!  :bgrin: :nana_guitar
D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.

Quote from: B0WIE on September 28, 2019, 09:18:59 PM
Though I admittedly don't listen to Tommy's music, I think these guitars are a great idea. 12 fret nation!  :bgrin: :nana_guitar
What do you like to listen to, Bowie?