Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I just got a Les Paul.  (Read 356 times)
Silence Dogood

Ignore
« on: July 05, 2019, 07:36:56 AM »

Black. Epiphone. Standard. 2019 model. Traded my Deluxe Squier Strat for it and got the better financial end of the deal. I really love this thing and it’s the first LP I’ve ever owned in 25 years of playing.  After spending the afternoon with it and my Marshall, I wonder what took me so long.  The warmth of the humbuckers and the sustain is incredible.   Just wanted to share some NGD joy.
DaveyO
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 02:35:20 AM »

Congrats
I really dig a les Paul,nice jazzy tone also
Enjoy
Dave
Silence Dogood

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 03:14:12 AM »

Congrats
I really dig a les Paul,nice jazzy tone also
Enjoy
Dave
Thanks, I’m enjoying it a lot.  Feels and sounds way different from a Fender, which is about all I’ve ever played.  Thinking I might get a “real” LP someday too.
Davy Vanthuyne

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 10:15:45 AM »

You can get a Larrivée RS 4. A Gibson customshop ain’t better.👌

Larrivée rs 2 P90 2010
Larrivee rs 4 Jason Lollar 2008
Fender Artisan customshop Tamo ash Stratocaster
Fender Artisan customshop Rosewood Telecaster
Fender '51 customshop tele faded nocaster blonde 2016
Olav Loef 00 ‘Dav L’. 2018
Olav Loef slopeshoulder ‘Charlien’ 2019
Olav Loef OM/D 8 string ‘Otto’ 2018
B&G Little Sister lemonburst P90 2
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 11:29:51 AM »

Yes this is a Larrivee Forum after all,  tho I have a couple "Gibson Custom-Sh0ps" and I too believe this statement to be true

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Silence Dogood

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 06:32:58 PM »

True, it’s the Larrivée forum.  Was just sharing some new (to me) guitar love. 
Davy Vanthuyne

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2019, 06:56:34 PM »

No problem with that. Just saying if  you would be in the market for a les Paul, you should definitly consider a Larrivee RS 4. They’re superb guitars. I can know, I didn’t played a Gibson that was better then my Larrivee RS 4.

Larrivée rs 2 P90 2010
Larrivee rs 4 Jason Lollar 2008
Fender Artisan customshop Tamo ash Stratocaster
Fender Artisan customshop Rosewood Telecaster
Fender '51 customshop tele faded nocaster blonde 2016
Olav Loef 00 ‘Dav L’. 2018
Olav Loef slopeshoulder ‘Charlien’ 2019
Olav Loef OM/D 8 string ‘Otto’ 2018
B&G Little Sister lemonburst P90 2
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2019, 07:46:41 PM »

True, it’s the Larrivée forum.  Was just sharing some new (to me) guitar love. 
All good, was just sharing my personal bias and an attempt to make light of it. I really luv Les Pauls just luv the RS4 more

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2019, 08:51:00 PM »

"Other Guitar Makers". I have non Larrivées that I enjoy a lot especially my 1975 D-35. S'all good even though I agree that, as two humbuckers-one cutaways go, the RS-4 is a superior instrument for less money. 
Silence Dogood

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2019, 07:01:45 PM »

I do like the Larrivée RS, but like the shape of a LP a bit better.  I guess used is all there is of the Larrivée electrics now?

I’ve actually been thinking of saving up for one of the high-end “historic” LPs, or at least one of the ‘50s models.  The more I look at them (and watch YT reviews), the more I like them.
maplebaby

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2019, 04:56:51 PM »

you might find that a hard claim to get nearly anyone to agree with, outside of this forum of course:)
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2019, 06:17:27 PM »

If I were to buy a LP I would go with an Epiphone.Having had both in my shop the Epi is made better.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2019, 05:27:27 PM »

If I were to buy a LP I would go with an Epiphone.Having had both in my shop the Epi is made better.
Really How's that

Silence Dogood

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2019, 05:58:23 PM »

Some clarification.  I looked up the SN and my Epi LP was made in Dec 2018.  The workmanship is really great and it's been a blast playing it.  The only negative are the crummy "Grover" tuners that came on it.  Musician's Friend just sent me a coupon so I'm going to upgrade them with Hipshots.  

As far as the Epi being better than the Gibson, not sure about that, but I can say the current Epiphones are probably the best they've ever made.  The crappy components are to be expected for the price, and if you get one that works well, you'd be very lucky.  I'm not going to do any unnecessary mods though.  I'll leave the PUPs and wiring etc as is until I need to change it out, which might be never. 
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2019, 07:30:24 PM »

you might find that a hard claim to get nearly anyone to agree with, outside of this forum of course:)
No doubt members here are partial to Larrivee. Have you ever tried a Larrivee RS-4 Dale 

Silence Dogood

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2019, 10:37:33 PM »

Just ordered my Hipshots from MF.  Really looking forward to getting them installed!
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2019, 12:00:10 AM »

Really How's that

Better consistence,USA pu's,better feel{I can say this as I have own a few 50's,and late 60's and 70's}plus having quite a few USA LP's come across my bench along with Epiphone's.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2019, 09:59:47 AM »

Better consistence,USA pu's,better feel{I can say this as I have own a few 50's,and late 60's and 70's}plus having quite a few USA LP's come across my bench along with Epiphone's.

My experience has been the opposite tho I never owned any of those junk Gibbys from the 50's or 60's  , just the 70's onwards. The consistency of Gibson has always been hit or miss - but when they hit...... oh-la-la!!!!  More hits than misses in the electric world IMO as for Epi always more misses than hits by a long shot. I guess we all have different experiences.

Silence Dogood

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2019, 12:49:07 AM »

I’ve seen a lot of the “Epi over Gibson” attitude online and don’t really understand it.   It seems to me that wood is wood, and I’m sure the same CNC equipment is used in China, South Korea, and Nashville.  So when everyone gets an Epiphone LP and starts modding it, they are basically saying they really wanted a Gibson.   It’s hard for me to believe that one has more structural integrity than the other, since modern methods are used to assemble both of them.  I mean, how many ways are there really to “assemble” a Les Paul-like guitar?  

As an Epiphone owner, and a satisfied one, I still smell sour grapes when this kind of discussion arises.
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2019, 10:26:44 PM »

No doubt members here are partial to Larrivee. Have you ever tried a Larrivee RS-4 Dale 

So Dale have you 

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: