What do you call a room full of guitarists?

Started by Queequeg, May 10, 2019, 08:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OK; I'll tell you.

A prison.
:laughin: Complementary laughing emoji (just in case nobody else thought it was funny).

Quote from: tuffythepug on May 10, 2019, 09:16:23 AM
It's a STRUM of guitarists

Not when there's an entire room full! They struggle to stay in tune. Besides there's bound to be a fancy finger picker among them, no?    :laughin:

Quote from: Queequeg on May 10, 2019, 09:22:47 AM
OK; I'll tell you.

A prison.
:laughin: Complementary laughing emoji (just in case nobody else thought it was funny).

But I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.

Unemployment office. :roll
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: ST on May 11, 2019, 01:06:09 AM
Are they takin' care of business?

The rhythm section is. The guitarists are just showing off.   :winkin:

I was alluding to this.

Guitarists set to break record

VANCOUVER, May 6 -- Organizers of the annual Music West festival say they are set to break a world record Saturday, gathering 555 guitarists to play Randy Bachman's rock classic 'Takin' Care of Business' for 66 minutes.

Music West producer Laurie Mercer said Friday he is confident they will succeed in beating the previous record set by 532 guitarists who played 'Shake Rattle and Roll' in Santa Cruz, Calif. in April 1990

'As soon as word got out we were going for the record, a radio station in Florida tried to beat us,' Mercer said.

'But they only got 400 guitarists together to play 'Louie Louie'.'

'We picked 'Takin' Care of Business' because there are very few Canadian tunes as ubiquitious,' Mercer said. 'Plus the chord changes are simple enough for any level of guitarist.'

Bachman, former guitarist for the Guess Who and Bachman Turner Overdrive, said he will play lead guitar during the record attempt.

'It's so weird, I couldn't say no,' Bachman said. 'It's like a wacky skit from 'Saturday Night Live.''

'The closer we get to the marathon, the stranger things get,' Mercer said. 'We've had a San Diego couple say they plan to get married while they (the 555 guitarists) play.'

Source: https://www.upi.com/Archives/1994/05/06/Guitarists-set-to-break-record/3777768196800/

Quote from: ST on May 11, 2019, 06:11:49 PM
I was alluding to this.

Guitarists set to break record

VANCOUVER, May 6 -- Organizers of the annual Music West festival say they are set to break a world record Saturday, gathering 555 guitarists to play Randy Bachman's rock classic 'Takin' Care of Business' for 66 minutes.

Music West producer Laurie Mercer said Friday he is confident they will succeed in beating the previous record set by 532 guitarists who played 'Shake Rattle and Roll' in Santa Cruz, Calif. in April 1990

'As soon as word got out we were going for the record, a radio station in Florida tried to beat us,' Mercer said.

'But they only got 400 guitarists together to play 'Louie Louie'.'

'We picked 'Takin' Care of Business' because there are very few Canadian tunes as ubiquitious,' Mercer said. 'Plus the chord changes are simple enough for any level of guitarist.'

Bachman, former guitarist for the Guess Who and Bachman Turner Overdrive, said he will play lead guitar during the record attempt.

'It's so weird, I couldn't say no,' Bachman said. 'It's like a wacky skit from 'Saturday Night Live.''

'The closer we get to the marathon, the stranger things get,' Mercer said. 'We've had a San Diego couple say they plan to get married while they (the 555 guitarists) play.'

Source: https://www.upi.com/Archives/1994/05/06/Guitarists-set-to-break-record/3777768196800/

Hmmm. You'd have to pay me a lot to join that ... struggle of strings. What're the odds of even half of them being in tune? Then again, I've mostly been a solo act the last 30 years.  :laughin: