Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Living in the climate where our guitars were conceptualized- then built...  (Read 104 times)
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: March 14, 2019, 01:44:32 AM »

Ans that would be Eastern/southern Ontario, Canada.
 why is this of any interest now?

Well because today is the first day I can turn my humidifier down to low in anticipation of humidity levels to actually reach 40 % and higher for the first time since November.

Up here in too little/too much much land- there are a couple months of the year ( Spring & fall) where we don't need to take humidity OUT of the air, not do we need to put it back IN to keep our precious guitars happy and not cracking ....or just sounding poor.

There it is: all the important guitar news from land north of 49, where we've learned a few things about guitar building, and hockey....
More important, happy to share both world- wide, for others to enjoy!

Happy Spring 

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
 Too few brain cells to be bothered with...
NewStrings

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 01:49:06 PM »

Ah yes, that blissful time of year when you can turn down (or turn off) the humidifier and enjoy the peaceful sound of a fine Larrivee or the birds chirping outside!!!  Unfortunately, it will be a few more weeks here in Eastern Canada but at now I don't have to fill up my humidifier more than once a day!!!  For the record, this would have been the one of the driest winters (in terms of lack of humidity) I have every experienced.  It was a struggle to maintain the 45-50% level all winter with my humidifiers working overtime!!!  Then, as you mentioned, we reverse the process!  If only we could store some of the summer humidity and recycle it for the winter, wouldn't that be something!!!!!

Lord of the STRINGS * Larrivee D-05 Satin Edition  *  Taylor 714ce  *  Larrivee LV-05  *  Gibson Northern Super Jumbo  *  Martin D-18 Custom  *  Gibson ES-339  *  Fender American Professional Stratocaster  *  Fender American Telecaster  *  Jason Romero banjo  *   Larrivee LV-03RE
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: