Larrivee OM-50 no longer for sale

Started by Tuba Mike, March 12, 2019, 11:28:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larrivee OM-50 for sale

Might be for sale somewhere down the road but Tuba Mike found a tuba and it did not require selling off any of his current instruments.

Yay!

Details can be seen on the link to Larrivee's website below.

https://www.larrivee.com/products/om-50-traditional-series

This guitar is beautiful and I love it however Tuba Mike is needing another tuba.  I am torn about parting with it as I know I will probably not find another that plays and feels this good.  

There is a very small ding on the soundboard that was there when I got it in January of 2013.  I purchased this from another forum member and it has lived in a non-smoking home and is in it's case when not being played.  It has regularly been set up by lutheir's Tom Pellerito and David Collins.  

Includes Larrivee hard shell case

The serial number is 78315 and it's birthday is 8/11/2005.  

It is telling me the attachments are too large so PM for pics and in the meantime I will work on getting pics posted on Thursday.
Larrivee OM-50
Larrivee Forum IV - #19
Willson 3400S Eb Tuba
Wessex BBb Helicon

Some of these were 1 11/16 and some 1 3/4 - might want to double check and confirm.
Charis SJ Koa/Sitka
Mcknight/Poling GC Koa/Italian
Loriente Clarita EIR/Euro spruce

"One small heart, and a great big soul that's drivin"

Quote from: fitness1 on March 12, 2019, 02:23:35 PM
Some of these were 1 11/16 and some 1 3/4 - might want to double check and confirm.

1 3/4
Larrivee OM-50
Larrivee Forum IV - #19
Willson 3400S Eb Tuba
Wessex BBb Helicon

Quote from: fitness1 on March 12, 2019, 02:23:35 PM

The nut width is 1 3/4" and Mike is right about it being beautiful and playing and sounding so good.  I would have never sold it to him as I needed a cutaway and it was that good.   BTW Mike is a nice guy and first class when it comes to sales.

I've known Mike for years and I've played this guitar.
Could never figure out why his OM-50 sounded so much better than mine.
:mad:
Mike is a fine guy. Honest and forthright.