Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More Snow!  (Read 713 times)
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2019, 02:37:30 AM »

Did you (or Helen) find any good prospects for moving? 

We put an offer in on a house in town today. Contingent on selling this place, of course. We want a lot for it so we'll see. They're not making any more lake front property, however.   
Riverbend

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2019, 11:48:16 AM »

We put an offer in on a house in town today. Contingent on selling this place, of course. We want a lot for it so we'll see. They're not making any more lake front property, however.   
Good luck with all that goes with buying/selling/moving/contingencies/etc.

Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Ovation MCS 148 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2019, 03:09:22 PM »

Good luck with all that goes with buying/selling/moving/contingencies/etc.

Thanks.   
old folky

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2019, 11:40:54 AM »

Maybe good news Duck.  My garage has melted out, the weather is in the 40's today here in downeast Maine, the geese have returned, and I'm going to try and hide my shovel!  Hopefully its headed your way

'74 Martin D35S
Larrivee SD 50 TSB
Unplayed Vega and Harmony banjos
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2019, 05:35:31 PM »

Maybe good news Duck.  My garage has melted out, the weather is in the 40's today here in downeast Maine, the geese have returned, and I'm going to try and hide my shovel!  Hopefully its headed your way

Hopefully. We've had some nicer weather that's for sure. Hovering around the low 30's (F). Well, that's nice for this neck of the woods in March. Sunny days and the snow is disappearing a little. There's just so darn much of it. Around here we are never safe from winter until the end of April, however. Always a chance for a huge blizzard. And oddly, we've had a lot of snow but it came in many falls and we haven't had that huge blizzard yet. You know, the kind with five foot drifts. Knock on wood (hits top of head). 

We had a couple look at the house today. They loved it and went home to discuss an offer. The good thing is that they wanted to buy it two years ago when we did and just missed it. We have put many improvements in and if they really want it, a full price offer is the way to get it. We'll see.     
old folky

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2019, 05:51:06 PM »

Keep yer fingers crossed.  Good things come to those who wait...I think that's how it goes...

'74 Martin D35S
Larrivee SD 50 TSB
Unplayed Vega and Harmony banjos
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2019, 06:28:51 PM »

Yes - best of luck on the sale, Tom. 

Meanwhile, back to the weather: the snow is melting like crazy here in southern MN, and now we have the local Des Moines River at 2 feet above flood stage. We moved up here from Omaha two + years ago, and many of our friends back in Nebraska are suffering greatly from the flooding - very sad. I suspect we'll be back in NE sometime in the next year doing mission work cleaning up and helping to rebuild...

All guitars are left-handed:
1979 L-19 (converted to lefty)
1992 OM-05
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2016 L-05 Custom
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2019, 11:08:39 PM »

Yes - best of luck on the sale, Tom. 

Meanwhile, back to the weather: the snow is melting like crazy here in southern MN, and now we have the local Des Moines River at 2 feet above flood stage. We moved up here from Omaha two + years ago, and many of our friends back in Nebraska are suffering greatly from the flooding - very sad. I suspect we'll be back in NE sometime in the next year doing mission work cleaning up and helping to rebuild...

Yeah that's horrible. Sometimes you just can't win. Especially with nature.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: