More Snow!

Started by ducktrapper, February 24, 2019, 07:24:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The garage has disappeared and snow removal costs are escalating to the point where we might not be able to afford food. And it's snowing again! Help!!!!   :crying:

Well, if you get to the point where you must eat snow, there's a cautionary aphorism out there somewhere...

and if it helps, spring is only a month away.
Although, that's on your calendar, if not exactly on your map that says, "You are HERE"

Snow is why I moved south.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: Barefoot Rob on February 24, 2019, 01:45:02 PM

It may be coming for you. This is how Ice Ages start. 

Quote from: Queequeg on February 24, 2019, 11:20:32 AM
Well, if you get to the point where you must eat snow, there's a cautionary aphorism out there somewhere...

and if it helps, spring is only a month away.
(Although, that's on your calendar, if not exactly on your map that says, "You are HERE"

Yep and with all these dogs, there's lots of it. I always laugh on Ground Dog Day when they say, unfortunately, it looks like six more weeks of winter. I wish.   

That's just crazy, Rob.
There's no snow down south.

According to the map from the movie "Day after tomorrow" we beat the freeze but we do become the Canada.Oh and it has snowed in Tallahassee but it was just a couple of flake's. :winkin:
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Florida flakes notwithstanding, it finally stopped snowing and cleared up. Trouble with that is now it's cold again. Winter! You just can't win. 

Even colder this morning. Minus 24 C. Minus 11.2 F. The Chihuahuas do a little dance when you put them out to try and not have all feet touch the ground at the same time. It's quite cute. The Setters love the snow. And there's lots to love. Hopefully March brings some let up. I can't wait for April.   

Didn't it just recently snow in Tucson, AZ too?  I'm so ready for this winter to end!
2010 LSV-11e
2002 4E Jose Ramirez
1998 S6+folk Seagull
1986 Charvel Model 3A
2001 Fender Jazz bass
1935 A-OO Gibson mandolin
1815 JG Hamm violin

March 1st. The month came in here neither lionlike or lamblike. Sort of in between. Sunny, a little warmer but no doubt it's still winter. What does that mean? 

Quote from: ducktrapper on March 01, 2019, 09:12:54 AM
March 1st. The month came in here neither lionlike or lamblike. Sort of in between. Sunny, a little warmer but no doubt it's still winter. What does that mean?  
Means Mardi Gras is just 4 days away now.
Daylight Saving Time: 9 days from today.
Vernal Equinox: only 19 more days
St Patrick's Day: 16 days.
And finally, only 298 more shopping days until Christmas!

Quote from: Queequeg on March 01, 2019, 09:52:34 AM
Means Mardi Gras is just 4 days away now.
Daylight Saving Time: 9 days from today.
Vernal Equinox: only 19 more days
St Patrick's Day: 16 days.
And finally, only 298 more shopping days until Christmas!

Christmas?  :ohmy:

Quote from: Queequeg on February 24, 2019, 04:13:26 PM
That's just crazy, Rob.
There's no snow down south.

LOL!!!

Ba-Da-Bing. I'm here all week, folks!  :roll
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

More snow here...again.  The financial strain is going to break me at some point. 
2010 LSV-11e
2002 4E Jose Ramirez
1998 S6+folk Seagull
1986 Charvel Model 3A
2001 Fender Jazz bass
1935 A-OO Gibson mandolin
1815 JG Hamm violin

Quote from: Paraclete on March 07, 2019, 12:06:14 PM
More snow here...again.  The financial strain is going to break me at some point. 

I hear you. $50.00 every time they plow my drive way and yard. And then I still have to shovel to get to the garage and the woodshed and around the house. 

Quote from: ducktrapper on March 07, 2019, 02:18:23 PM
I hear you. $50.00 every time they plow my drive way and yard. And then I still have to shovel to get to the garage and the woodshed and around the house. 
So that's kind of a bargain in Canadian $$$! But your Canadian snow is cleaner and definitely worth more.  :whistling: 
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
Larrivee F-33 Mandolin (8/1/2008)
Soliver Pancake Mandolin
Larrivee A-33 (8/21/2009)

Quote from: Riverbend on March 08, 2019, 06:01:55 AM
So that's kind of a bargain in Canadian $$$! But your Canadian snow is cleaner and definitely worth more.  :whistling: 

I don't know about that. If it was worth anything I'd be rich! As it stands, I have to pay them and we're running out of places to put it.  :crying:

More snow, indeed... we're supposed to get another 5-12" tomorrow through Sunday a.m., and we're under a Winter Storm Warning (which includes high winds that are already bringing on travel warnings for Sat.-Sun.).

I think we already have enough... matter of fact, there's so much snow on the ground already, how could there be any more left up in the sky?  :?

:donut :coffee
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992