New Song - Hey, Look At You

Started by ducktrapper, February 19, 2019, 11:01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I posted the demo version a while back. Here is the final? take. Lyrics by me. Thomas Delgaty music, harmonica and vocals. Rhythm Guitars and fills are mine. Production, bass and guitar solo and outro solo by Rob Nickerson. Drums by Jeff Korkala? (Not sure how to spell his name). Socan.

Guitars used ... Larrivee L-01, Larrivee OM-01 in Nashville tuning, Larrivee RS-4 (with Lollars) rhythm, fills and solo.

https://soundcloud.com/user-955756822/hey-look-at-you-1

very clever writing, honest vocal delivery.
especially love the  "Di DI DI Didid" backing vocals.
guitar fills are great!
sus chord just ahead of the hook line is way cool.
harmonica sneaks in & out nicely.
drums a tad hot for my ears- but you know what they say...

"If it's too loud, you're too old"

HITBOUND!
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Thanks Kevin. We're pretty happy with it although it's probably very passé and no one will care.  One of us should learn to rap.  :laughin:

ya geezers doing Rap- there's a sight.

here's my life's philosophy (one of them)
"I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam- I'm popeye the sailor man-toot toot"
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Quote from: headsup on February 20, 2019, 02:57:55 PM
ya geezers doing Rap- there's a sight.

here's my life's philosophy (one of them)
"I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam- I'm popeye the sailor man-toot toot"

I live about forty yards from the shore of the world's largest fresh water lake but I'm a total landlubber meself.  :blush:

Very nice! The eng'ing/producing is fine. Good subtle stuff going on that really makes it smooth. The harmony guitar parts and stereo leads ect. And good song.  I thought about going into a real studio with real equipment and producer but it would cost too much for me. I'd eith spend a ton of time playing these instruments I don't play that often (eating up studio time) or have to hire better musicians who could knock stuff out while playing what I heard in head. So I just lock myself in room and spend hours working out bass lines, mandolin parts ect.  And then spend half a day or even a whole day mixing a song like I did yesterday. Get them listenable. Anyway nice and congradulations. A lot of work even with good help.
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

Quote from: flatlander on February 21, 2019, 08:47:18 AM
Very nice! The eng'ing/producing is fine. Good subtle stuff going on that really makes it smooth. The harmony guitar parts and stereo leads ect. And good song.  I thought about going into a real studio with real equipment and producer but it would cost too much for me. I'd eith spend a ton of time playing these instruments I don't play that often (eating up studio time) or have to hire better musicians who could knock stuff out while playing what I heard in head. So I just lock myself in room and spend hours working out bass lines, mandolin parts ect.  And then spend half a day or even a whole day mixing a song like I did yesterday. Get them listenable. Anyway nice and congradulations. A lot of work even with good help.

Thanks Matt. This song cost us $500.00 Cdn which is not a lot considering. Rob did a nice job and threw in the bass and solo for free. Fortunately for us, he was laid off for the winter and was bored with extra time on his hands. His home studio is very decent. All my guitar parts were one take thankfully and Tom's vocals and harp took an hour. The drums and extra fills took a couple of takes. I took several shots at the solo myself and Rob might have been able to piece something together from them (studio magic) but instead banged out a decent solo on my RS-4 to save us some bucks. I didn't mind. He's a lot better at than me. My solos are more "jazz" in that I never play the same thing twice and his more constructed. I think it worked out pretty well. Especially the cowbell!  :cheers