Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bottle Tree  (Read 75 times)
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: February 09, 2019, 10:23:47 PM »

The Bottle Tree    Another original quite different than previous song. A ballad. I have a bottle tree in my backyard and I wrote this after looking at a couple bottle that ex girlfriend and friends had givin me to put on it and I went ahead and made it story of life. I like this song a lot although we don't play it out much.    I used the L-10 and I the parlor is doing the finger pickin in the right channel. Harmonica, mando and bass on here as well.  I have a couple just waiting for Angie's vocals with the 000-60, guitar only. Man does it sound sweet for bare finger pickin! 
 https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/player.cfm?songID=13834302

10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 12:38:12 AM »

Dang son that made me visit the road behind,THANKS....

No bottle tree though may have to get one.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 01:55:11 AM »

Very nice. I need a bottle tree with full bottles. Whisky and beer preferably. I'd love to sit down with you
and trade sad songs.  
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 09:41:25 PM »

Very nice. I need a bottle tree with full bottles. Whisky and beer preferably. I'd love to sit down with you
and trade sad songs.  
Well if you move to Nashville we may do that!. And yea, to me the song is only half sad, the bottle on the top still shines, but I realize it strikes most people as quite melancholy which is why Angie wasn't keen on the idea of playing it out.  And no, you have to empty the bottle BEFORE it goes on tree. Then it can add another story. Thanks.

10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 10:01:55 PM »

Well if you move to Nashville we may do that!. And yea, to me the song is only half sad, the bottle on the top still shines, but I realize it strikes most people as quite melancholy which is why Angie wasn't keen on the idea of playing it out.  And no, you have to empty the bottle BEFORE it goes on tree. Then it can add another story. Thanks.

Song's half sad, bottle's half full! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: