Southern Arms

Started by flatlander, February 09, 2019, 04:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southern Arms.  Finally out of my laziness and working on recording large backlog of originals. This is a rather poppy song that is popular when we play out.  I played everything including The old L-10 and the parlor is buried layering in some high rhythm. Mando, bass, percussion.
https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/player.cfm?songID=13838249
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

Nice stuff. :thumb
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

You are an impressive musician.

Quote from: ryler on February 18, 2019, 03:08:38 PM
You are an impressive musician.
Thanks, I'd say "ok" musician. Enough to decent version of the songs out. I always thought writing was where any talent might be. But if you live long enough I guess you can start to figure out instruments. Until my early 30's I just played rhythm and was lucky enough to have real musicians in band where I sang and did most writing. When I left the city and started playing in duets, it was like "well someone's got to do the leads and fills"  Maybe I'll post a couple songs from band in Atlanta 30 some years ago....

The lead break at 135ish has the parrot head feel...

Quote from: GA-ME on July 15, 2019, 06:41:33 AM
The lead break at 135ish has the parrot head feel...

GA-ME...just curious if your forum name might stand for Grand Auditorium Mahogany Engelmann?

Quote from: maplebaby on July 15, 2019, 02:39:20 PM
GA-ME...just curious if your forum name might stand for Grand Auditorium Mahogany Engelmann?

Dale, it's for Georgia-Maine. A long time ago, I thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail northbound from Georgia to Maine.

Got it - thanks for responding  & sounds like a very special memory for sure!

Well done, both the tune and the thru hike.

I can't keep up with that playing,

but was a bits and pieces thru hiker.

ME-VA, southbound, in '82.  All the rest in pieces.

Quote from: tlp2 on July 19, 2019, 07:35:32 AM
Well done, both the tune and the thru hike.

I can't keep up with that playing,

but was a bits and pieces thru hiker.

ME-VA, southbound, in '82.  All the rest in pieces.
Thanks. To be clear GA-ME (who we hadn't heard from in a while) is the hiker. Flatlander (me) wrote and played on that poppy little song.

Since you're in a disagreeable and honest mood this morning, I have to say that this is one of your more generic songs. It didn't do much for me. I'm going to go listen to Ms. Cook now.   :cheers

Quote from: ducktrapper on July 20, 2019, 07:39:44 AM
Since you're in a disagreeable and honest mood this morning, I have to say that this is one of your more generic songs. It didn't do much for me. I'm going to go listen to Ms. Cook now.   :cheers
I agree! I called it a poppy little song right above. Most people don't have your taste though and we play out several times a week where people like it a lot.  And I don't hate it, so we play it and I recorded it. I guess I need to work on reaching your level of agreeability. Lofty goal but I'll try. I think Dolly has one of the great, clear, pure tone voices ever, and knows how to use it to the degree that E. Cook comment just flew off my fingers. Sorry.

Quote from: flatlander on July 20, 2019, 06:53:56 AM
Thanks. To be clear GA-ME (who we hadn't heard from in a while) is the hiker.

Well, I used to be a hiker. Since 2005, I have been more of a wobbler trying to stay upright. I check in on the forum here and there, though I haven't posted much.