Been Away For A While...

Started by Cybenator, February 02, 2019, 08:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Years ago I was a fairly active member with at one time 9 Larrivee's within  the herd. I fell upon hard times with a divorce, unemployment, health issues and anything you could imagine. One by one I saw my herd thin as I was in survival mode. After many years of struggling, I decided on some major life style changes. I sold my house and got out of the city and moved to a much slower paced atmosphere in the country. After almost 30 years I hung up my hardhat for good and was able to change professions after age 50 with only a HS degree. Desk job in a nice controlled environment, and health benefits.

Today I own my house outright, and have paid off all my debts. I don't own anyone a dime after many years of hard times. So, last November I treated myself to a new (used ) Larrivee for my birthday. A LV-O3 E Blackwood. Sure is good to be back on board with this group again......

Greg
Greg

Larrivée L-05 Red Spruce Top
DeArmond M-68 Moon Blue
Fender Bullet S-2 Sunburst
Fender Telecaster Thinline
Peavey Predator

Welcome back!
1975 Larrivee L style
2006 Larrivee OM-03 MQ
1967 Ovation Josh White signature, 12 fret, shiny bowl
yamaha fg450sa
washburn mg-70
line6 variax 300
Parker pm20 quilted bubinga
epi Thunderbird IV bass

LV03 Blackwood !!!!Now thats a way back,thru a lot of cr*p.Glad your back. :wave :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Glad things are working out. Always nice to hear a good comeback story.  :thumb
D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.

:welcome: back, :donut :donut2 :coffee, what's the next one gonna be??? :humour:
Herman.

L-10, L-03FM, OM-05
Forum VI, & "others"

Ha  :gotpics:     :winkin:

Nice story Greg. Happy you have turned things around!
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Welcome back, Greg.
Good job, putting your life back together.
:thumb

Welcome Home... :welcome:
Tom:

Peace and LONG LIVE THE BLUES...

2011 Larrivee Wildwood Custom Dv03re
1994 Fender Stratocaster
1964 Fender Duo Sonic ll
2009 Highland Royal Deluxe
Line 6 flextone original model
Mesa Maverick Dual Rectifier
Vox Pathfinder 15r

Congrats on the guitar and a more peaceful lifestyle!
2017 Larrivee D-40 8>)
2018 Taylor GS Mini Koa

Very inspirational to a 57 year old who would love to change jobs, but feels trapped by age.  Well done.  Congratulations on the new guitar, the joy it brings and the distance you've traveled.

Your spirit and will are admirable! Nice of you to share and congrats on a fine guitar!
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
Larrivee F-33 Mandolin (8/1/2008)
Soliver Pancake Mandolin
Larrivee A-33 (8/21/2009)

Great to have you back!!!  I commend you on how you dealt with adversity, not giving up but instead, rising to the challenges and making the changes you needed to do.  It takes real courage to do so!!! I guess it's those character traits that make you a Larrivee owner/player!!!  Larrivee guitars would not be considered 'mainstream" or the most popular, but their unique charm and charisma make them a winner ---- just like you!!!  And a fine choice to make a comeback to the Larrivee world --- I am eyeing an LV-03 myself and if I can reach a deal with the seller, there may be an early birthday gift coming my way!!!  Welcome back!!! :nana_guitar
Lord of the STRINGS * Kronbauer TDK *  Taylor 614ce  *  Larrivee LV-03RE  *  Taylor 810ce  *  Martin D-18 Custom  *  Gibson ES - Les Paul  *  Gibson J-45  *  Fender Telecaster  *  Jason Romero banjo  *   National Estralita Resonator * Muth mandolin