Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Larrivee forum not secure?  (Read 289 times)
ryler
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: December 09, 2018, 02:25:25 PM »

Does anyone else have this forum show up as "Not secure" before the url?  Is this perhaps unique to my computer?  I don't know much about this kind of stuff so if anyone has advice on what I should be doing to correct  for this, let me know.  If I view site information, it says:  "Your connection to this site is not secure." And then advises me not to put sensitive information on here.

Thanks for your input.
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 05:27:41 PM »

Does anyone else have this forum show up as "Not secure" before the url?  Is this perhaps unique to my computer?  I don't know much about this kind of stuff so if anyone has advice on what I should be doing to correct  for this, let me know.  If I view site information, it says:  "Your connection to this site is not secure." And then advises me not to put sensitive information on here.

Thanks for your input.

My browser started doing that with another site I visit to sometimes comment and only in the comment section. I don't believe it actually has anything to do with the security of the site. It's an extra security level in Google. How much personal info is available from the comment section? Email address?
ST
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 08:26:07 PM »

Here's the story.
https://www.wired.com/story/google-chrome-https-not-secure-label/

AZLiberty
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 10:29:46 PM »

The forum is HTTP not HTTPS

That just means the connection between the forum and your computer is not using secure socket layer.   

Frankly, unless I am using a site for financial transactions I don't actually care.

Queequeg
Admin

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 02:13:55 AM »

I recommend you add the following plug-in (or extension) to your browser of first choice:
Https everywhere
From wiki:
“HTTPS Everywhere is a free and open-source browser extension for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Brave, and Firefox for Android, which is developed collaboratively by The Tor Project and the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).[4] It automatically makes websites use a more secure HTTPS connection instead of HTTP, if they support it.[5] The option "Block all HTTP requests" makes it possible to block and unblock all non-HTTPS browser connections with one click.[6]”
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 03:50:51 AM »

I've been getting that sign for a long time.I ignore it and have never had any issue,plus I'm user idiot when it comes to computors or for that matter most thing tech.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
ryler
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2018, 02:28:02 AM »

Thanks everyone.  I'm glad I asked.  I won't worry about it given that what I share here is a bunch of chit chat and not more.  I appreciate  your responses.  Queequeg, I'll look into the plug in you mention.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: