O 01 vs P 01

Started by DrD, November 09, 2018, 09:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

:bowdown:thrilled to receive a 1999 0 01(after waiting 6 days on a 2nd day air delivery!).  I'm new to the 12 fret party and where the heck has it been all my life?  But there's a descrepancy between AGF info by a Larrivee spokesperson...says the 0s have herringbone rosette and fretboard inlays...mine has neither, yet vis a vis serial number, it's an O.  Anyone shed some light?  Can't put it down...others may gather dust!  Thanks, Doc

The very first parlors back in the late 1990's were all designated "0" (Single-O). It was into the 2000's when we changed the designation to "P" (Parlor). Today "P" is fundamentally used for contemporary models and the "0" is used for traditional models. Tho I am sure there is an exception or two out there.

Quote from: DrD on November 09, 2018, 09:28:56 AM
:bowdown:thrilled to receive a 1999 0 01(after waiting 6 days on a 2nd day air delivery!).  I'm new to the 12 fret party and where the heck has it been all my life?  But there's a descrepancy between AGF info by a Larrivee spokesperson...says the 0s have herringbone rosette and fretboard inlays...mine has neither, yet vis a vis serial number, it's an O.  Anyone shed some light?  Can't put it down...others may gather dust!  Thanks, Doc

I'm still in love with my O-01, 19 years later.

Ed

Quote from: eded on November 09, 2018, 12:11:12 PM
I'm still in love with my O-01, 19 years later.

Ed

It really has been that long hasn't it.

Thank you for clarifying.  What a big, articulate sound from such a small instrument!  The more I play it, the more I like it, and the more I want to play it.  I'm new to the twelve fret world and a bit stunned by the comfort and playability of this beauty.  Unadorned, but fabulous!