Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NGD = Yippeeeee!!!!!  (Read 230 times)
NewStrings

Ignore
« on: November 07, 2018, 07:10:23 PM »

Hey, I did it, I traded my Taylor 322e for this beautiful Larrivee LV-05 sunburst (you may have seen my previous tread) and I am incrediblely happy with my decision!!!   The Larrivee was actually made July 2009 and you would have thought it was made July 2018 judging from the condition it is in!!!!  The seller said he bought it,  played it a few times and it literally gathered dust for all these years.  And it was dusty, so I just have to believe him!  I have gone over it giving it a quick cleaning (more of a dusting you might say) and I cannot find a single mark on it.  Zero fret wear!  I just don't get it, how could somebody just leave the guitar sit unplayed all these years?  So I asked him, his response was that he a Gibson and Martin guy --- loves his D-45 and D-28S and likes the "bid boy sound"!!  Humm, don't get me wrong, I love my Martin's and Gibson's as much as the next guy, but I love my Larrivee equally as much ---- for the balanced sound it provides me. And why then would he want to trade for my small bodied Taylor --- unless he has a buyer for it or another trade deal?   His loss, my gain!!!  I am one very happy camper!!!

A quick question though ---- it didn't come with a strap button (does have an LR Baggs Element though -- which I will be removing in favour of JJB pickup system) and I was wondering about the best location to put it on neck.  I've not owned a "V" before so that is why I am checking with the experts here.  Logically, it would appear to go treble side on the flat spot (directly behind the neck block), but any other suggestions?  And of course, a few pics (pre-cleaning, better ones will follow).

Lord of the STRINGS<br /><br />Larrivee D-05 Satin Edition<br />Taylor 714ce<br />Taylor 322e<br />Gibson Northern Super Jumbo<br />Martin D-18 Custom<br />Gibson ES-339<br />Fender American Professional Stratocaster<br />Fender American Telecaster<br />Jason Romero banjo, Larrivee LV-05
CycleBob

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 07:38:30 PM »

WOW!that is gorgeous!!!

Larrivee D03E
Larrivee OM-03MT
Guild CV-1
Andrew White Cybele 1010
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 08:02:18 PM »

WOW!that is gorgeous!!!

+1  nice guitar

and a full sunburst just BEAUTIFUL.CONGRATS and ENJOY!!!!

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
DaveyO
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 08:36:40 PM »

Nice!!!!!!!
Congratulations on a beautiful guitar,you made a very good
Trade.
ST
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 09:09:40 PM »

Hi NewStrings,

Congratulations!

✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄ 

A quick question though ---- it didn't come with a strap button (does have an LR Baggs Element though -- which I will be removing in favour of JJB pickup system) and I was wondering about the best location to put it on neck.  I've not owned a "V" before so that is why I am checking with the experts here.  Logically, it would appear to go treble side on the flat spot (directly behind the neck block), but any other suggestions? 

--== click the picture to see it in context ==--

Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 11:16:01 PM »

What a GORGEOUS guitar! You made a GREAT trade. Wow.  nice guitar

And follow ST's advice in the pic above - that's the correct/best location for the strap button. It will help lean the guitar toward you rather than away from you as you stand up to play.

Enjoy that new beauty!

bowdown

All guitars are left-handed:
1979 L-19  |  1992 OM-05  |  2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue  |  2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak  |  2016 L-05 Custom
247hoopsfan

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2018, 11:51:38 PM »

I'm pretty sure Jean still paints all the sunbursts himself, so you got a special guitar there.

https://soundcloud.com/247hoopsfan

1971 Yamaha FG200 (My original guitar)
1996 Yamaha DW5S
2002 Yamaha LL500
1990 Goodall Rosewood Standard
2007 Larrrivee JCL 40th Anniversary
1998 Larrivee OM5MT
1998 Larrivee D10 Brazilian "Flying Eagle"
Rockysdad

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 01:11:43 AM »

Absolutely a very  nice guitar, enjoy that guitar for years!

L-10, L-03FM.
& "others"
markj

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2018, 02:49:54 AM »

nice guitar

Actually, that's a gorgeous guitar! Congrats!

1977 Classical
2014 L-03 ( Sold June 23, 2018  crying )
2015 OO-40
2017 LV-10 50th Annniversary #2/50
NewStrings

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2018, 02:40:25 PM »

Thanks everyone for the kind words and congrats as well as the advice on the where to locate the strap button.  I really appreciate it!!  Today, I will do the set up on it, a detailed cleaning including install the strap pin and trying various bone saddles to see which one will give the feel and sound that I like.  I also took a few more high quality pics this morning --- as you can see, this guitar is absolutely dead mint! I have never bought a new one in this condition before!  I truly the love the burst --- whether Jean hand sprayed it himself or not, whoever did it was truly an artist!! 

Lord of the STRINGS<br /><br />Larrivee D-05 Satin Edition<br />Taylor 714ce<br />Taylor 322e<br />Gibson Northern Super Jumbo<br />Martin D-18 Custom<br />Gibson ES-339<br />Fender American Professional Stratocaster<br />Fender American Telecaster<br />Jason Romero banjo, Larrivee LV-05
markj

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 04:07:28 PM »

Makes me want a burst!   

1977 Classical
2014 L-03 ( Sold June 23, 2018  crying )
2015 OO-40
2017 LV-10 50th Annniversary #2/50
J M Larrivée

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2018, 04:07:37 AM »

NewStrings >>  2009 Sunbursts were done by Jean's hands.  (Congrats on the acquisition!)

Below is an image you can all reference when the "Strap button location" questions come up. Always use a pilot drill first before you screw it in. You can find strap buttons here: https://www.larrivee.com/shop/srap-button-chrome

Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 02:59:38 PM »

Here are some nice strap buttons I've been putting on my better guitars lately:

https://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and_Parts/Strap_Buttons/Waverly_Guitar_Strap_Button.html

+1

All guitars are left-handed:
1979 L-19  |  1992 OM-05  |  2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue  |  2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak  |  2016 L-05 Custom
NewStrings

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2018, 03:41:01 PM »

NewStrings >>  2009 Sunbursts were done by Jean's hands.  (Congrats on the acquisition!)

Below is an image you can all reference when the "Strap button location" questions come up. Always use a pilot drill first before you screw it in. You can find strap buttons here: https://www.larrivee.com/shop/srap-button-chrome

Thanks for the pics and advice regarding the strap button, I ordered one from the Larrivee shop yesterday.  I have previously installed strap button on several guitars including Collings, Gibson and Martin's --- I take my time, I pre-drill to the right depth (mark my drill bit) and try not to let my hands shake as I drill into a $3000. guitar!!!  crying

Of course there is such nice stuff at the Larrivee shop, I couldn't just stop there!!  I ordered a bone saddle and bone nut while I was at it.  I love the sound of bone vs. Tusq and I wouldn't have to worry about bone density/consistency too much because I won't be using an UST pickup once I have the JJB installed.  I love the one I put in my D-05, it really perked it up in my opinion.

Also good to know that Jean was the artist who did the burst --- makes it that much more special!!! 

Life is good!!!!

Yippie

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Today at 12:08:21 AM »

I was watching the exact same model here on a local classifieds (Kijji) in Atlantic Canada. I am kinda glad it is now gone because it was giving me one heck of a GAS bubble. Congrats NewStrings on a beautiful guitar. 

Larrivee D-04W VHS (Peruvian Walnut/Sitka)
Martin 000-28EC (EIR/Sitka)
Gibson J-45 Custom (EIR/Sitka)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: