How many brands of acoustic (or acoustic/electric) guitars do you own?

Started by Mikeymac, September 10, 2018, 09:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: ST on September 13, 2018, 03:49:18 PM
Hi Lynne,

Didn't you (used to) have a green Gretsch?

Hi ST.    Yeah,  I still have it.  A Cadillac Green Gretsch hollowbody.   I didn't list electrics

Acoustics
2 Yamahas
3 Larrivees
1 Goodall

Electric
1 Fender Strat
https://soundcloud.com/247hoopsfan

1971 Yamaha FG200 (My original guitar)
1996 Yamaha DW5S
2002 Yamaha LL500
1990 Goodall Rosewood Standard
2007 Larrrivee JCL 40th Anniversary
1998 Larrivee OM5MT
1998 Larrivee D10 Brazilian "Flying Eagle"
1998 Larrivee D09 Brazilian "Flying Eagle"

1  Bill Tippin
1  Julius Borges
2  David Webber
1  Kerry Char
1  Santa Cruz
1  Dan Biasca

2 Larrivees
1 Guild
1 Recording King
1 Yamaha
Herman.

L-10, L-03FM, OM-05
Forum VI, & "others"

Quote from: sdelsolray on September 15, 2018, 12:40:29 PM
1  Bill Tippin
1  Julius Borges
2  David Webber
1  Kerry Char
1  Santa Cruz
1  Dan Biasca

Wow - that's a nice collection! Do you have a favorite (or two)?

Meanwhile, today I sold another one - the Gibson J-45 will head for Nashville in the morning.

And this was weird - the guy who bought it paid me MORE than I was asking (around $25 more plus the shipping fee)! When does that ever happen? I suppose he saw that I'd had 6 other offers, but they were all so lowball, I didn't even get e-mail notifications about them...maybe he was thinking it would get bought out from under him?
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on September 16, 2018, 07:55:10 PM

Meanwhile, today I sold another one - the Gibson J-45 will head for Nashville in the morning.

And this was weird - the guy who bought it paid me MORE than I was asking (around $25 more plus the shipping fee)! When does that ever happen? I suppose he saw that I'd had 6 other offers, but they were all so lowball, I didn't even get e-mail notifications about them...maybe he was thinking it would get bought out from under him?

Maybe he was just grateful to get it and has more money than sense?  :laughin:

Maybe finding a lefty was harder then they thought.

I owned a few Gibson's and Martin's and Alvarez's {the 70's lawsuit one's} in my time.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

4 Brands I believe:

Larrivee - 4 (soon to be 5...WAHOO!!)
Taylor - 2
Guild - 1
Ibanez - 1
Scott Southworth
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OOO-40R Custom
Larrivee OM-03 MT Custom
Larrivee D-10E
Larrivee OO-03MH
Taylor 910
Taylor GA-WS
Taylor GA-Custom Shop
Taylor 614CE
Taylor 315CE
Takamine EG523SC
Journey OF660M
Ibanez AW120ECERDV
Guild D25

The only two missing from my list are a custom cherry dulcimer and a Little Martin which stays at my son's house when it's not traveling the world with him in the Army. That guitar which was built in Mexico has been in NY, PA, VA, WA, Germany, Iraq (twice), back to Germany, TX and now Kansas.

Played the Alvarez last night while I watch the Bears/Seahawks game and it had a nice ring to it.

Besides my Larrivee C-10 and my 1964 Martin D-21, I've got several others, but these are my favorites.
Happily married to the woman of my dreams and looking forward to growing old together.<br />Truly,God has smiled upon this simple man.

Quote from: Mikeymac on September 16, 2018, 07:55:10 PM

Thanks.  I've slowed down on buying and selling over the past several years.  It's a good group of instruments for my uses (flesh and nail for solo fingerstyle and classical), all mid-sized (between 00 and mini-jumbo), with a variety of b&s and top woods.  They don't overlap too much and they complement each other well.  Each luthier has done a great job making them.

I don't really have a favorite.  I enjoy each one and rotate through them each week or so.

Yikes...  let's see..
Larrivee
Bourgeois
Collings
Waterloo
Froggy Bottom
Randy Reynolds
Gibson
Ramirez
Warwick
Ibanez
Fender
Cort
G&L

Not sure how many guitars it adds up to, but there's only a couple that I don't use and they are kept for sentimental reasons. I wouldn't own half of them if the wife wasn't so supportive. She likes hearing me make music much more than having me wrench on cars and bikes in the garage so music it is!
D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.

Another Martin (custom J-18) arrived last week, and the 4th Martin (J-40) will arrive this Friday!

Got to get motivated to take some pictures and get some things listed for sale.

Several Larrivee's: Toronto builds, Victoria builds, and Vancouver builds.
Oxnard builds.

Oskar Graf (the true master)

Godin (vintage/superb builds).

I be incredibly loyal to my Canadian guitar building pals- Jean, Oskar, Robert and his kids- Simon & Patrick- (even though they have a serious "factory" in Quebec).
That being said- their "artisan" shop produces fine hand made guitars by very good luthiers.

:cheers

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Quote from: B0WIE on September 25, 2018, 06:54:32 PM

Not sure how many guitars it adds up to, but there's only a couple that I don't use and they are kept for sentimental reasons. I wouldn't own half of them if the wife wasn't so supportive. She likes hearing me make music much more than having me wrench on cars and bikes in the garage so music it is!

YUP!!!!! :cheers :guitar
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Pulled back up because I edited my original post...

Sold my Emerald X-20 on Christmas Day, shipped to Louisiana on the 26th... I loved the tone of the guitar (unplugged and plugged in) but the neck got weird fat as you went up to the higher frets - really strange on such a modern guitar design.

Also have my Larry C-10 and Martin D-35 for sale - both great guitars, but I have others that do what they do, only better. (I've been blown away by how good the Martin J-40 is! It does everything the D-35 does, only better - it's a crazy good guitar - as good as my Custom J-18).

Will be getting others listed in January - gotta keep simplifying, as there is another (Martin Model America 1) coming sometime in the next couple months...

Quote from: Mikeymac on December 28, 2018, 11:58:08 AM

Sold my Emerald X-20 on Christmas Day, shipped to Louisiana on the 26th... I loved the tone of the guitar (unplugged and plugged in) but the neck got weird fat as you went up to the higher frets - really strange on such a modern guitar design.

Consider the new X-10, it has a crazy thin electric style neck. 

Having just sold my Forum-III, I just put down a huge deposit on a Chimaera.

Quote from: AZLiberty on December 28, 2018, 12:25:01 PM
Consider the new X-10, it has a crazy thin electric style neck. 

Having just sold my Forum-III, I just put down a huge deposit on a Chimaera.

Thanks, but I don't think they make the X-10 in a lefty version...  :angry:

Just accepted an offer on my Martin D-35...  :thumb