Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NGD Gibson Songwriter DLX Studio  (Read 162 times)
thomasinaz

Ignore
« on: August 18, 2018, 04:00:36 PM »

A couple weeks ago I told everyone I was happy with the Guitars I had.... I was trying to be good, honest, even sold one of my other guitars. Well, somehow the thought that I "needed" a Gibson acoustic entered my head and started me looking. I found this used Songwriter DLX hanging on the wall at one of the nearby Guitar Centers. It sounded good and was in excellent condition, but I put it back on the wall. Over the next week or so I played a bunch of others, but none played quite as nice as this one. This guitar stayed in my mind, taunting me. Went back, and I couldn't find it in the GC acoustic room. My heart sank a little but I asked one of the sales guys if they still had it. We found it tucked in behind a very abused looking Epiphone, on the top rack in a corner. I played it and, compared to the others I'd played, it sounded better than before. Anyways, it plays and sounds as good as it looks with Rosewood back and sides and a Sitka Spruce top. I'm very happy it worked out this way because I got to play a lot of other Gibsons and this one sounded and felt the best.

Thank you. Tom
mike in lytle

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 04:32:58 PM »

This guitar stayed in my mind, taunting me. Went back, and I couldn't find it in the GC acoustic room. My heart sank a little but I asked one of the sales guys if they still had it. We found it tucked in behind a very abused looking Epiphone, on the top rack in a corner.

I think another customer who liked the guitar a lot PUT IT behind the Epiphone on purpose, until he could either ask his wife for permission or until he could scratch up the money.
I am glad you got it. It looks like a very nice guitar.
Mike
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 08:50:07 PM »

Congrats. I have a good friend who has one of those (or something very close to it); his sounds quite impressive as well. You got a good one. 

All guitars are left-handed:
1979 L-19  |  1992 OM-05  |  2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue  |  2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak  |  2016 L-05 Custom
jpmist

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 09:25:37 PM »

Love the bling on it! The mustachio bridge, abalone rosette and especially the parallelogram fretboard inlays. Bet it sounds as nice as it looks.

My first (ok, second) guitar was a Gibson ES 300 which had the same fretboard inlays. Sold it off to someone who would fix it up but still have a sentimental hankering for another Gibson. Luckily the Keb Mo small bodied 12 fret doesn't have a cutaway, else I'd have to find room in the harem for one . . .

Larrivee OO-05 • Larrivee OOV-03 Short Scale • Taylor 322ce    Various Strats • Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jpmist
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 01:05:49 AM »

I'm a sucker for everything Gibson with the split parallelagram inlays   drool

nice guitar

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: