WTB: Older LR Baggs iMix Acoustic Onboard Preamp (“barn door” style)

Started by jpbaldwin86, August 18, 2018, 09:59:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello!

I'm looking to buy one of the older LR Baggs iMix acoustic onboard preamps. I've got a Larrivee guitar with an original one that is failing, and I'd like to replace it with the same thing. I believe these were standard on CA's, and Larrivees, among others.

I've attached a picture for reference, and I'd of course pay for shipping and any PayPal fees in addition to your asking price.

If you've got one around, let me know!

Best,
Jeremy

hmmmm might be hard to track such an item down.
in what way is it "failing"
sometimes (I have found) those things can be repaired....
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out. My preamp is producing an audible hiss that is more pronounced than other preamps I own. I've troubleshooted the issues down to the preamp itself.

I've tried the unit with a new output jack harness, disconnected the pickups, and the hiss is still there and doesn't change. In addition, the noise doesn't change in relation to the preamp volume, it stays the same weather I'm at 0% or 100% volume on the guitar. In addition, it doesn't change when the mix control is moved from one pickup to the other.

It does, however, increase when the high-end eq slider on the preamp is increased.

I've also made sure that its not due to a gain-staging issues as I'm just plugging straight into an acoustic amplifier. Cables, etc. have also been checked. The techs at LR Baggs have been really helpful, but they too have narrowed it down to the preamp failing in some way.

I'm pretty good with a soldering iron, but not really sure where to start.

Jeremy