Just Bought This. What model is it?

Started by Geoffrey, August 16, 2018, 09:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi All. I'm new to the forum. I just picked up this Larrivee in town. Any idea what model it is? Any idea what it might be worth? Many thanks!

:welcome: Geoffrey   :nice guitar:

Assuming the pick guard and the pickups are stock or at least the same original configuration; looks like you got yourself an LS-2 from the 80's or early 90's. Are you able to locate a serial #  :?
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

I like it! Serial number may be on the fingerboard at the 20th fret or so.   :thumb

Everything appears to be original on the guitar, and the serial number is on the back of the headstock. It's 3805. Any idea what a fair price for the guitar would be?

Thanks for all your help!

Quote from: Geoffrey on August 18, 2018, 02:02:57 PM
the serial number is on the back of the headstock. It's 3805. Any idea what a fair price for the guitar would be?

Your guitar would have been made early in Larrivee Electric's History; late 1983 or early 1984.

IMO the value (market price) would be in the $600 range give or take $150 and likely the south figure. This is just my estimate - I am no expert or professional by any means. Won't bore you with my support for that #.

I would like to add however that I believe the 80's Larrivee Electric is one of the the most under valued "vintage" high end electric guitars to be found. I would put mine against any Fender or G&L or even a Tom Anderson. I often here players debating because money is tight for them about buying a new MIM Fender with the hopes of later tricking it out with higher end components, I just smirk to myself and think of the 1980's LS models!

Here's my LS-3  :blush:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

So it's worth more than the $100 I paid for it then. :bgrin:  Thanks for your help, and for sharing a photo of your LS-3. Given the number of guitars I've purchased this month alone, I may put this one on Reverb soon.

Quote from: Geoffrey on August 18, 2018, 09:06:19 PM
So it's worth more than the $100 I paid for it then. :bgrin:  Thanks for your help, and for sharing a photo of your LS-3. Given the number of guitars I've purchased this month alone, I may put this one on Reverb soon.
Yeah you done well - you should have no problem tripling your money - good luck!

So it's worth more than the $100 I paid for it then. :bgrin:  Thanks for your help, and for sharing a photo of your LS-3. Given the number of guitars I've purchased this month alone, I may put this one on Reverb soon.

You got a steal. Uh, no you got ripped off, I'll take it off your hands for $150.00 though.  :whistling:

ya those crappy old 80's larrivee electrics aren't worth much.
play it like you stole it (which you did).
and if you don't like it, for sure let some-one on this forum have first chance at buying it.

we're fiercely loyal to our brand....
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

serial number is on the back of the headstock- there, in white-4 digits.
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Thanks to all for your assistance. I wanted to let all you enthusiasts know that I've just listed the guitar at https://reverb.com/item/14707827-larrivee-ls-3-1983

Thanks again for all your help!

Just to be clear, my mid 80's LT-1 has its S.N. on the fingerboard, well up the neck. For the longest time, I thought it had no S.N. But one day, voila! There it was engraved into the ebony. If you acquire an old LarrivĂ©e electric and can't find the S.N. that's another place to look.   :cheers   

I'll give you $1.99 For it.😎