Expectations and Disappointment.

Started by ducktrapper, August 03, 2018, 06:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: musicrowscott on August 04, 2018, 09:58:14 AM
Customer Service is quickly becoming a lost art everywhere we look...I hate buying things online but it's so frustrating going into stores these days. On a happier note, congrats on the upcoming adventure!

Cheers,

SS

Yes that seems to be true. Between being insulted by some young punk in Guitar Center and ignored at Gruhns and the 12th Fret, I don't know what to think. Anyway thanks!  :cheers

Quote from: ducktrapper on August 04, 2018, 10:29:08 AM
Well, we have a lot of decisions to make. My wife still maintains residence in Wisconsin and her kids are still there. We love our place in Canada on the big lake but will probably sell it if and when we get the right price. We are both tired of winter, however, and Wisconsin doesn't really solve that problem. Unless we win a lottery, ha ha, it will be difficult to do it all. Trying to work out spending time in both countries and avoiding winter. Nashville is the country music Mecca and I would like to knock on a few doors and see if anyone might be interested in a song or two. As for moving there? Tennessee is very pretty. Who knows?  :beer     
Nice to see your energy and strong sense for adventure Tom  :bowdown:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on August 04, 2018, 10:32:56 AM
Nice to see your energy and strong sense for adventure Tom  :bowdown:

Thanks. You only live once, they tell me.   :beer

Yeah to Nashville. Fun, cool, place and plenty of all kinds of music.  Going there to see Sweethearts of the Rodeo show at Ryman with McGuinn, Hillman along with Marty Stewart and his great band. I'm excited about that. Good luck.
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

Quote from: flatlander on August 04, 2018, 01:35:32 PM
Yeah to Nashville. Fun, cool, place and plenty of all kinds of music.  Going there to see Sweethearts of the Rodeo show at Ryman with McGuinn, Hillman along with Marty Stewart and his great band. I'm excited about that. Good luck.

I see that's in October. I'd love to see them. Marty and his Fabulous Superlatives are a great band. This is one of the best albums I've ever heard. I visited Nashville before but only stayed two days. Loved the Country Music Hall of Fame!

https://www.amazon.ca/Souls-Chapel-Marty-Stuart/dp/B000AA7I14   

Elderly Instruments is a wonderful resource for the stringed instrument enthusiast.  I've shopped there several times each year over the past 35 years. One of the best aspects of their sales philosophy is that you are free to play absolutely anything on the walls or in the racks without asking for assistance. This includes many 5K + instruments, both new and used. 

However, if you want/need help they are right there and will spend as much time with you as you like, regardless if it is a set of strings, a $200 import, or a Martin D45. Seriously the best shopping experience you could ask for, in my opinion. So I guess it's all about perception.

Now, if I sensed that they weren't "interested" at Elderly, I'd have stopped going in many years ago, so that's a different dynamic altogether.

Rb

Quote from: rbpicker on August 05, 2018, 01:50:38 PM
Elderly Instruments is a wonderful resource for the stringed instrument enthusiast.  I've shopped there several times each year over the past 35 years. One of the best aspects of their sales philosophy is that you are free to play absolutely anything on the walls or in the racks without asking for assistance. This includes many 5K + instruments, both new and used. 

However, if you want/need help they are right there and will spend as much time with you as you like, regardless if it is a set of strings, a $200 import, or a Martin D45. Seriously the best shopping experience you could ask for, in my opinion. So I guess it's all about perception.

Now, if I sensed that they weren't "interested" at Elderly, I'd have stopped going in many years ago, so that's a different dynamic altogether.

Rb

They have a great reputation but I've never had the pleasure. I was saddened when The Podium in MPLS went under as it was similarly great. We are lucky to have a great store in the backwoods here in nearby Thunder Bay.  :beer   

regarding the OP's post title.

I was taught (and has bode me well)

"expectations are resentments waiting to happen"
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Quote from: headsup on August 08, 2018, 10:28:06 AM
regarding the OP's post title.

I was taught (and has bode me well)

"expectations are resentments waiting to happen"

Then there's Dickens. Pip, pip tallyho!

wasn't meant as a dig or a shot, just a safety net for myself when I get caught up in my own expectations that's all.  :beer
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Quote from: headsup on August 08, 2018, 05:22:27 PM
wasn't meant as a dig or a shot, just a safety net for myself when I get caught up in my own expectations that's all.  :beer

I know that. Great expectations lead to great let downs.  :beer