Lado Hawk Series Acoustic-electric

Started by ducktrapper, March 08, 2005, 10:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

My girlfriend has one of these. I can't find any info on these guitars. Joe Lado is famous for his expensive solid body electrics but no mention of these or any acoutics for that matter, on his website. This one in particular is a cutaway model with built in electronics and some nice looking woods. Back and sides appear to be mahogany. Because of the sunburst finish the top is kind of hard to I.D.  Pretty nice axe. Plays like a Taylor. Quiet unplugged. Seems its meant for stage work. She paid $400.00 Cdn for it. Anybody know anything about these guitars?  

I have seen these around and I believe they were made for him in Korea (Saga?).

I checked the Lado website  http://www.lado-guitars.com/index.html and didn't see any reference to acoustics at all. Maybe he has stopped importing them.

I am a big Lado fan. I own one of his "Studio 604" Basses and it is a very high quality machine.

Ron
Ron

Hi Ron - When I google Lado Hawk series, I see that someone mentions they are probably Korean built contract jobs. Maybe. I've seen a couple of Lado electrics and they were Canadian built and very nice. Like you say if you go to Lado's website, there is no mention of any acoustics. I wouldn't be ashamed of building this guitar. Actually, I'm thinking of using it on stage to back up my D05, if the gf doesn't mind. Heck I gave her my parlor, I don't think she will.