Strats! ---- or Teles!?

Started by Silence Dogood, July 04, 2018, 09:46:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

As for the original question ... Strats or teles? Yes!   

Quote from: ducktrapper on July 10, 2018, 09:17:07 AM
As for the original question ... Strats or teles? Yes!   

I concur - 100% !!!
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Went into my local GC and there was a G&L ASAT (import) on the wall.  It was nice but a Strat just feels better in my hands.  I guess a Strat is all I've ever played so I'm used to one.

I found a Squier Deluxe Strat on my local CL today and scored it for $200.  It's actually a great guitar and I'm impressed.  Baby blue with aged "mint" PG and knobs.  Now for a good amp...

If your going to gig on it my fav is the Peavey Classic 30.My giging amp is my 76 Fender Princeton Reverb.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: Barefoot Rob on July 28, 2018, 03:44:35 PM
If your going to gig on it my fav is the Peavey Classic 30.My giging amp is my 76 Fender Princeton Reverb.
No gigging happening here. I pretty much only play to my four walls.  But the guitar did come with a little Mini Spider amp from Line6. Nothing special but it'll do till I can get a Marshall.  :-0

Quote from: Barefoot Rob on July 28, 2018, 03:44:35 PM

:thumb. Mine, a Fender Champ and a little reverb from a pedal when needed.
Fender Artisan customshop Tamo ash Stratocaster
Fender Artisan customshop Rosewood Telecaster
Olav Loef 00 'Dav L'. 2018
Olav Loef slopeshoulder 'Charlien' 2019
Olav Loef OM/D 8 string 'Otto' 2018
B&G Little Sister lemonburst P90 2015

If you end up with a strat or copy with ceramic pups and plastic bobbins, you can convert the pups to alnico for less than $10 per pup. Lots of YouTube videos on how to do this. Basically you pry off the ceramic magnet off the back, push the pole pieces out, measure the length and diameter of the pole pieces, and order your choice of alnico replacement pole pieces and push them into the holes left over by the prior pole pieces. You can buy pre magnetized pole pieces here:  http://www.tone-kraft.com/alnico-5-rod-magnets-187-flat/
2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Mitchell MDJ-10 3/4 scale dread
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud

I just picked up a squire Tele bullet,nice price and I would imagine most people
Could mit tell the sound difference,I mostly play acoustic but I wanted a cheapy
To play around the house,yes I'm sure its not up to par quality wise as an American Tele
But its good for me,sea foam green with rosewood fingerboard
Nice guitar
Dave

Quote from: DaveyO on August 05, 2018, 09:46:00 PM
I just picked up a squire Tele bullet,nice price and I would imagine most people
Could mit tell the sound difference,I mostly play acoustic but I wanted a cheapy
To play around the house,yes I'm sure its not up to par quality wise as an American Tele
But its good for me,sea foam green with rosewood fingerboard
Nice guitar
Dave
I was in GC a few months ago and played a seafoam/RW Squier Tele.  It was great and I thought seriously about walking out with it that day.