So Whats goin on

Started by unclrob, July 25, 2018, 03:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Mikeymac on July 26, 2018, 05:13:11 PM
Finally a little quieter here...

...but I must confess, today I did the unthinkable: I bought a Taylor (>>gasp<<)! I'll say more about that in the "Other Guitars" forum later.

Hey, are you going on The Voice with that?   :whistling:

Quote from: ducktrapper on July 27, 2018, 06:46:45 AM
Hey, are you going on The Voice with that?   :whistling:

Um... What's The Voice? If it's anything like The View (with Behar and Goldberg) forget it!!!  :roll
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on July 27, 2018, 09:57:24 AM
Um... What's The Voice? If it's anything like The View (with Behar and Goldberg) forget it!!!  :roll

It's a singing competition on NBC that my wife likes. I see a lot of CWTs on it.  :whistling:

https://www.nbc.com/the-voice

Quote from: ducktrapper on July 27, 2018, 11:37:16 AM
It's a singing competition on NBC that my wife likes. I see a lot of CWTs on it.  :whistling:

https://www.nbc.com/the-voice

"CWT's"? Man, I gotta get out more...

Quote from: Mikeymac on July 27, 2018, 02:37:22 PM
"CWT's"? Man, I gotta get out more...

At the risk of being non P.C.  - chicks with Taylors.   :whistling:

Quote from: ducktrapper on July 27, 2018, 05:08:18 PM
At the risk of being non P.C.  - chicks with Taylors.   :whistling:

:roll

Well, to wake this thread back up...

It's raining here this morning, and I have a wedding this afternoon at 2:00 (yeah, I'm the pastor doing the wedding). So my Saturday is spoken for... which is why I take Mondays off.

The "good news" is... tomorrow after church at 9:00 a.m. (our summer schedule), I'll be pretty free for the day... wife and I might have to jump in the car and drive the 90 minutes to visit our grandson (oh, and his parents, too).

I have 3 guitars that need new nuts... I'm having a hard time getting motivated. I did pull the nut on an electric last night, and slid the new nut in place (under the current strings), made a slight cut for spacing of the low and high E strings... but that's as far as I got. Went to bed.   :winkin:

A couple of days ago I changed the strings on my Guild 12 string I got about a month back.It took all my energy to change them now its couch time.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: Barefoot Rob on August 04, 2018, 09:59:29 AM
A couple of days ago I changed the strings on my Guild 12 string I got about a month back.It took all my energy to change them now its couch time.

I hear you there! Why is changing 12 strings FOUR TIMES harder than changing 6 strings?

Quote from: Mikeymac on August 04, 2018, 11:04:16 AM
I hear you there! Why is changing 12 strings FOUR TIMES harder than changing 6 strings?

I dunno but you're right. I think it's because you have concentrate so hard on getting the right string on the right post, tuning the right string and turning the right tuner. 

Taking a day off work today to play a gig. Outdoor picnic for a large corporation, and we split the day with a Dixieland band.  The only problem is that we play from lunchtime on, and when they vent the fire pits after the salmon is done, sometimes the smoke blows onto the stage.  Hoping for a favorable breeze.  No LarrivĂ©es today....just fiddle and ukulele.
2010 LSV-11e
2002 4E Jose Ramirez
1998 S6+folk Seagull
1986 Charvel Model 3A
2001 Fender Jazz bass
1935 A-OO Gibson mandolin
1815 JG Hamm violin

And now for something compleatly different:

You kids seem to a pretty smart bunch,me being old fashion and sometime's I can't control what come's out of my mouth,so here goes.I have had to fix 5 jobs done by another tech who after treating clients  with word like thats the way it is deal with it.Now this statement refer's to 4 stainless steel refrets were the fretends stoke out and the action was overly high,he has said tall frets high action.Now I solved the issue that I feel should have been taken care of by the person who did the job.Right now I'm holding my mouth shut which makes it hard to type,whwt would you do.By the same person I had to reglue a bridge on a beautiful 1963 J45 sunburst because the person didn't glue it right and was also told thats just the way it had to be.The last person was told that her 1984 Martin D35 got a neck reset and full refret and was rehydrated and a bridge doctor installed,it was never refreted nor did it get a neck reset.Again what would a smart person do,I want to tell her...oh ya the bridge did get shaved....

:crying:
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Restoring the interior of a Jeep XJ but that's both old and current news. Just finished adding a bedroom in my house to permanently accommodate my MIL in her twilight years. Otherwise, it's all steady as she goes.

Quote from: Barefoot Rob on August 04, 2018, 05:43:57 PM
And now for something compleatly different:

You kids seem to a pretty smart bunch,me being old fashion and sometime's I can't control what come's out of my mouth,so here goes.I have had to fix 5 jobs done by another tech who after treating clients  with word like thats the way it is deal with it.Now this statement refer's to 4 stainless steel refrets were the fretends stoke out and the action was overly high,he has said tall frets high action.Now I solved the issue that I feel should have been taken care of by the person who did the job.Right now I'm holding my mouth shut which makes it hard to type,whwt would you do.By the same person I had to reglue a bridge on a beautiful 1963 J45 sunburst because the person didn't glue it right and was also told thats just the way it had to be.The last person was told that her 1984 Martin D35 got a neck reset and full refret and was rehydrated and a bridge doctor installed,it was never refreted nor did it get a neck reset.Again what would a smart person do,I want to tell her...oh ya the bridge did get shaved....

:crying:
Well it's your business and your local situation with other "tech". But telling it like it is on things you are sure of wouldn't only benefit you but keep people from getting ripped off for poor job. I might be saying something like... I see no indication where neck was actually reset. It appears like they just shaved bridge down which explains why bridge lifted after removing and sanding. Not slamming him but giving facts of situation. I guess for the fret jobs, no explanation was needed. But yea, that's up to you exactly how you explain.
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

Nothing, apparently. This has to be one of the slowest days ever around here.   :?

Quote from: ducktrapper on August 09, 2018, 06:03:59 PM
Nothing, apparently. This has to be one of the slowest days ever around here.   :?
I killed a coral snake on my back patio a couple days ago.
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

Quote from: mike in lytle on August 09, 2018, 08:06:26 PM
I killed a coral snake on my back patio a couple days ago.
Mike

Bare handed?  :wink:

Apparently, everyone has gone to the moon.   :arrow :?

Quote from: ducktrapper on August 10, 2018, 05:44:27 PM
Apparently, everyone has gone to the moon.   :arrow :?
Started with a rattlesnake, ended with a coral snake.
What problem to do you have with ending the thread?
Geez.
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

Quote from: mike in lytle on August 10, 2018, 07:32:45 PM
Started with a rattlesnake, ended with a coral snake.
What problem to do you have with ending the thread?
Geez.
Mike

None at all. Seems like the entire forum ended yesterday. Must be summer vacation.   :cheers