Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Return of the D-05 - Education is Expensive!  (Read 101 times)
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« on: July 11, 2018, 10:46:49 PM »

So I got my D-05 back today. It had received some damage on two separate occasions. When we were moving down to Wisconsin, my son in law brought a few of my guitars down with him. The topped cracked at his house due to lack of humidity control. He bought a cool mister instead of a humidifier. My fault for not being clear on what he needed. The second occurred after he brought over a 12 pack of Spotted Cow and a bottle of Maker's Mark. Seems, sometime during the evening, I stumbled and knocked the guitar off the stand putting a crack in the upper side. I didn't even recall doing it and only found out a week or so later when I opened its case and my jaw fell open. So you see, all his fault!  

Anyway, the top crack is almost invisible and the side crack is scarred but fixed. Education is expensive. Set up, fret work and new strings, as well, the guitar plays and sounds as good as ever which is the good news.       oops   blush    
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 03:22:14 PM »

Now its time to get her back in the line up.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 05:03:04 PM »

Now its time to get her back in the line up.

It's sitting on the sofa here beside me. It's very nice.
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 05:46:42 PM »

OK.........STOP RIGHT THERE......ON the SOFA.......NEXT TOO YOU.......PUT DOWN THAT BEER....PUT THE GUITAR IN THE CASE.........NO NODDING OFF WITH THE GUITAR LAYING NEXT TOO YOU..........THANK YOU.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 06:36:50 PM »

OK.........STOP RIGHT THERE......ON the SOFA.......NEXT TOO YOU.......PUT DOWN THAT BEER....PUT THE GUITAR IN THE CASE.........NO NODDING OFF WITH THE GUITAR LAYING NEXT TOO YOU..........THANK YOU.

I had a good night's sleep. No danger there. It'll go in its case before bedtime.   
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 06:44:20 PM »

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 02:26:07 AM »

You didn't mix the Makers with anything did you? Cause bad things happen when you do.

10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 02:37:28 AM »

You didn't mix the Makers with anything did you? Cause bad things happen when you do.

For better or worse, I drink everything straight. I mixed it with several beer, however. My son in law is about 6'3" and around 225. I'm 5'8" and about 170.  I shouldn't try to keep up with him but being twice his age, I thought I could.   blush 
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 02:47:31 AM »

For better or worse, I drink everything straight. I mixed it with several beer, however. My son in law is about 6'3" and around 225. I'm 5'8" and about 170.  I shouldn't try to keep up with him but being twice his age, I thought I could.   blush 
No beer with your bourbon. :) Yea I had to quit showing the young ones how it's done a couple years ago. But on rare occasions that I do drink now, it's Makers as It's always been. The official drink of my home state. Been to the distillery several times as well.

10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 02:52:01 AM »

No beer with your bourbon. :) Yea I had to quit showing the young ones how it's done a couple years ago. But on rare occasions that I do drink now, it's Makers as It's always been. The official drink of my home state. Been to the distillery several times as well.

Affordable in Wisconsin but now that I'm back in Canada for a bit, the price tag on it here makes me faint. Must be the "free" healthcare.  blush
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2018, 02:53:25 AM »

D-05E in action. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: