Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: World Without Love - Cover Instrumental - Short  (Read 60 times)
Melodeous

Ignore
« on: July 11, 2018, 10:15:39 PM »

Another in my titled Wine Bar series. They are the oldies I plink out at a wine bar I've been known to haunt. Thanks for the listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjR9bEYeHA
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 11:41:23 PM »

This too sounds good on a nylon string.  Do you ever play a steel 6 string?  I can imagine this song would just ring and ring and ring...

George
Melodeous

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 12:34:25 AM »

Thanks, George.

I don't own a steel string guitar at the moment. I came up through all manner of them but a couple years ago something clicked and I switched. I agree with you about how one would project this tune. To do that I plug the classical into a Fishman SA220, dial in a bit of reverb and get resonance hang time and projection without the metallic characteristic sound of steel, which is why I switched. This video is all acoustic as picked up by a Flip camera. Thanks again for the listen.
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 12:41:19 AM »

Very nice. I don't believe I've ever heard anyone cover this song especially instrumentally. McCartney can do little wrong in my book. He likely farts melodically. 
Melodeous

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 09:37:32 PM »

Thanks, DT. Yea, McCartney and me...we're buds musically. Not about to tread on their contractual credits because John also gets my attention. Still, Paul did write some great stuff. Peter and Gordon had some great harmonies. Vocal harmony was really developing back then and it was as much the harmonies as it was the melodies that kept my attention. I'm working up a Herman's Hermits chune at the moment.
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 11:14:27 PM »

Thanks, DT. Yea, McCartney and me...we're buds musically. Not about to tread on their contractual credits because John also gets my attention. Still, Paul did write some great stuff. Peter and Gordon had some great harmonies. Vocal harmony was really developing back then and it was as much the harmonies as it was the melodies that kept my attention. I'm working up a Herman's Hermits chune at the moment.

Sure but while this is technically a L/M song and their publishing agreements aside, I believe it's well known to be a McCartney composition. Talking about guilty pleasures, perhaps, I am also a HH fan so bring it on.
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 02:23:02 AM »

Very nice!

10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: