New guy

Started by thomasinaz, July 10, 2018, 11:18:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello everyone. I found this forum while cruising the web, looking for Larrivee stuff. Just wanted to introduce myself: I've been playing at the guitar since I was a teenager. Making a living, raising a couple of boys and trying to keep the wife happy made guitar playing a sometimes thing. I retired a couple of years ago and the kids are grown so there's more time to try and get serious about playing better. I bought my first Larrivee, an OM-40, a couple of months ago. I really like the sound and the way it plays. Really a quality guitar in every way. Anyways I'm glad I found this forum and it seems like a friendly place to discuss and learn about all things Larrivee.

Donuts anybody?   :donut  :donut2:donut :donut2 :coffee, Got to have coffee with donuts...
Thank you. Tom

Thanks for the dognuts.....

Welcome to the loonie bin.I've read really good things about the 40's glad you found one that make's you happy. :nanadance :wave

:donut :donut :donut :donut
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: thomasinaz on July 10, 2018, 11:18:15 AM
Hello everyone. I found this forum while cruising the web, looking for Larrivee stuff. Just wanted to introduce myself: I've been playing at the guitar since I was a teenager. Making a living, raising a couple of boys and trying to keep the wife happy made guitar playing a sometimes thing. I retired a couple of years ago and the kids are grown so there's more time to try and get serious about playing better. I bought my first Larrivee, an OM-40, a couple of months ago. I really like the sound and the way it plays. Really a quality guitar in every way. Anyways I'm glad I found this forum and it seems like a friendly place to discuss and learn about all things Larrivee.

Donuts anybody?   :donut  :donut2:donut :donut2 :coffee, Got to have coffee with donuts...

Thanks for the donuts and welcome. You tell a familiar story.   :cheers 

Hello Thomas. Glad you dropped in to say hello and tell your story.
Unless you're good with your hands and savvy about guitar physics, may I suggest letting a good guitar tech look at it to determine if the setup can be improved. It might help. Enjoy that  :nice guitar:
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

:welcome:   :donut :donut2 :coffee :donut2 :donut    I just love the 40 series... Your story is very similar to my own...
George

Welcome,you have chosen a great bunch of people
To hang with,really the best
I warn you though,they are a bunch of larrivee
Fanatics,you will become one of us👌
Dave

Hi New Guy,

Thanks for the donuts.  I'd love to try the 40 series.  I hear such great things about them.  Welcome aboard.

Cathi

:welcome: and thanks for the  :donut  :donut2

Nice to see you read the rules  :thumb
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Welcome to the forum

:welcome:, Are you ready for your next Larrivee? .it's  only a matter of time you know... :humour:
I'm thinking (because of the .... inaz) you're in hot dry climate, keeping your guitar nicely humidified I hope :thumbsup
and thanks for the doughnuts & coffee.
Herman.

L-10, L-03FM, OM-05
Forum VI, & "others"

Welcome, and you've got excellent taste in guitars...and donuts!
:donut :donut2
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
Larrivee F-33 Mandolin (8/1/2008)
Soliver Pancake Mandolin
Larrivee A-33 (8/21/2009)

Thanks for the welcome everybody! I do live in AZ and my guitars are humidified in their cases. I am ready for another Larrivee, but the wife isn't. Just picked up a Martin D-28 on the way back from our Louisiana vacation, from a guy in Oklahoma. That little adventure is still fresh in her memory.  :bgrin:
Thank you. Tom

:welcome: :nice guitar: :gotpics:

Thanks for the donuts and coffee!

Back at ya!   :donut :coffee :donut2

And yes, a familiar story. Your first Larrivee, will not be your last Larrivee.   :laughin:  :guitar :beer
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2017 LV-10 50th Annniversary #2/50
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI
2023 Hatfield BJG Strong Tenor low G Ukulele #003