Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1996 LS-05 -- No longer for sale  (Read 274 times)
jero

Ignore
« on: May 13, 2018, 06:24:47 PM »

Dear friends,

I have for sale a 1996 LS-05. I'm asking $1100 plus shipping.

It's a wonderful sounding small acoustic, from when Larrivee was still based in Vancouver. Sitka spruce top and mahogany back and sides. Includes original hard shell case and accoutrements (warranty, booklet, and truss-rod wrench).

The guitar is in very good condition: there are a few scuffs on the lower side, and some slight fraying to the pick guard, but nothing out of the ordinary for a 22-year old guitar.

It has almost classical-like dimensions, making it extremely comfortable to play. The tone is balanced, warm, and direct. I bought this guitar in 1996 from the Halifax Folklore Center in my home province of Nova Scotia, when I was obsessed with Nick Drake -- it was the closest I could get to his sound. Since then, the guitar has matured beautifully. It is a fantastic fingerstyle instrument, but also takes well to picking and light strumming.

The guitar has been well kept after in a humidified environment. I recently had a bone nut and saddled installed by the luthier Tom Nania. The original tusq components are in the case. The guitar is currently setup with a very comfortable 2mm action at the low-E (1.75mm at the high E).

The guitar is posted on Reverb. I'm based in northern Indiana, not too far from Chicago.
jero

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 11:55:03 AM »

Dear all,

I'm afraid I've reconsidered, and am taking the guitar off the market. It's simply too good!

Apologies,
J
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: