Personal powered stage Monitors

Started by CycleBob, May 11, 2018, 02:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

At 62, I hate to admit this but I am starting to have a problem hearing vocals and the other acoustic guitar in our little trio. in my research, I am finding a lot of comments about these being used for vocals only not for another acoustic. I'm wonder if any of you out there have had any experience with the Smaller 50-100 watt Personal powered stage monitors and if you would have a recommendation as to your favorite.

Thanks!
Larrivee OM-03MT
Eastman AC322ce
Eastman AC222ce
Eastman PCH3-CO
Art & Luthirie legacy 12 bourbon burst cw qit
Guild D140ce SB
Orangewood Sage Mahogany AE

Its a monitor you should be able to put the vocals and the instruments thru it.If this doesn't work get a wedge monitor powered or not.I play in a duo and use wedge monitors that has both vocals and guitars thru it no big deal.If your board has at least to effects sends you can use one of them to send just the info you want.As always if you have a question call me my number is on my website and we can talk because as you know my typing s**ks. :wave
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

The Mackie SRM-150 is a terrific 150 watt monitor that will sit on a mic stand with full EQ and volume at your fingertips.
you can dial up your own personal monitor sound by plugging direct in, then send to FOH,
or have FOH tech send you his monitor mix which goes into the back XLR, and you can still dial up how you wish to hear the sound.
A very versatile monitor, with many different configurations, and solid quality,
steer clear of the Behringer knock offs tho.....

lately we've been using the QSC K8's or 10's for personal monitors and they are really terrific, a bit pricey, but with 1000 watts of crystal c;ear power, you can go wrong..
no; 1000 watts doesn't make it LOUD, it makes it VERY natural and sweet sounding....
just my 2 cents....
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

:+1: on the QSC's really nice stuff.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Thanks for the suggestions guys.  :thumb
Larrivee OM-03MT
Eastman AC322ce
Eastman AC222ce
Eastman PCH3-CO
Art & Luthirie legacy 12 bourbon burst cw qit
Guild D140ce SB
Orangewood Sage Mahogany AE

more on this.
for my money, lately, when it's up to me to supply my own,
the QSC K8's are simply the best there is.

The now dated, solid stand by Mackie SM 150's are great-
until you hear the QSC K8.

hearing your favourite instrument, ( and voice) as best as it can be, is (for me) integral to performing our best......
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

I have SRM 150's as well. Small, easy, plenty of power. Now I have to crank up the bass on it and it's not the warmest thing in the world with that small size, but good.
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.