Let's Talk About Our Electric Guitars

Started by Caleb, March 04, 2005, 09:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wow, great guitars. I plan on adding at least one electric although I haven't made the final decision which mfg/model. Was playing some at the new Guitar Center that just opened up on south OBT. Good to have some more competition for Sam Ash. Although, most of dealings with Samash have been good, one time their was a pushy salesperson that kept insisting that I get what he was recommending and adding to the stack, and "that he had some room" to bargain. At the end, he aadded it all up, couple thousand, and when I asked where the savings were, he said "I've already taken a good bit off", THEN when I did my own math, it was apparent he took like 8.00 off, and was upset when I "caught" him on the tiny amount. The sad thing, he was clue-less why I was upset. I did spend about a grand at SamAsh that day, but on MY terms; honest and fair.  
Joe
D-03
L-03

I just have to show off my new baby that just arrived. Her name is Rosy!

Beautiful. Not familiar with that brand, but it's gorgeous! You're gonna give me electric gas!

Don Grosh is one of the finest hand-builders in the world. He is out of California.
Specs on this guitar:
Stunning AAAAA Flamed Maple top
Mahogany body
Vintage Yellow finish
Matching Flamed Maple Headstock overlay
Semi-hollow body with Single f-hole
Lindy Fralin HH 8k 9k pickups
Med/Large Round back
12" fingerboard Radius
Madagascar Rosewood fretboard
Mahogany neck
1 11/16" nut
24.75 Scale
Tone Pros TOM/Stop tail bridge
Gotoh locking Tuners with Ebony buttons
Ebony Truss cover

way too much "bling" for this kid, but i bet its a nice guitar!

I just put together this group photo, and was reminsing about my axes of the past. Man, I wish I still had them all!!
Anyhow, thought you folks might enjoy the eye candy.

QuoteElectricity is for making toast, not music, IMHO. :)
LOL - now, THAT's funny! :D  
L-09

Dave, they sure are nice looking. Great line-up of electrics - would make a really nice wallpaper or screensaver for the PC too.
Brian M.

Wow Dave, you are a friend to the humbucker! :lol:  
2004 Larrivee Parlor BW
2003 Larrivee L-03 BW
2002 Larrivee D-03 BW x 2

Love the gibson Jonny A. on one of Dave's pictures.

Personally I really like the parker fly (their carved topped ones), I just really really really dislike their pricetag (=robbery  :ph34r: ).  How much again???  And this is especially bad, since we all know they will never hold value like a Gibby or Fender.
Larrivee LSV-05
Larrivee LV-09FM
Larrivee CS-30
Yamaha Chronos LL-16
Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Martin LX-1
Fender American Stratocaster Delux
Fender Mexican Stratocaster
Fender Mexican Telecaster
Rivera Sedon

Dave, I'm writing you a prescription to own an ugly guitar for a while.
'em are some purty chunks o wood!

Only play acoustic these days-I miss electrics but I can't afford one that I like nowadays except a '66 fender mustang that I got in 1985 for $50-I thought it might be fun to list the guitars that I HAVE HAD and some observations:

70s rosewood tele-my first 'real' electric-badass bridge, weighed more than a les paul-wish I still had it.
80s Kramer and Jacksons-hey, I was there when Dokken was Rockin'-in retrospect-I can't believe how those guitars sucked.
Hohner Steinberger copy-I was living in Japan and space was at a premium-it was a hip little guitar with a great tremolo.
Strats: have owned 3-only one I really loved was a homemade warmoth.
Tele thinline-love the sound of a 3-saddle bridge-hated the intonation
Fender Jazzmaster-funky and wierd as you'd think
Gibson Nighthawk-surprisingly good guitar check one out if you find one
Yamaha ES335 copy-very solid semi-hollowbodies-great rock guitar
1971 Gretsch Viking-best electric I ever owned-bigsby-natural finish-I could tell you the tale of woe as to why it's no longer mine-but I won't
G&L ASAT-GREAT alternative to American standard tele-older is better

I can't believe how many guitars I USED to own.......