Let's Talk About Our Electric Guitars

Started by Caleb, March 04, 2005, 09:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuoteMy Music Man Axis Super Sport (w/piezo option) ended my gas for electric guitars.  It's a fantastic instrument.

I love the unfinished neck on this guitar.  This neck feels and plays better than any electric I've played.  It's extremely versitile, with the 5 way selector switch, and the piezo option as well.

BTW, you can click on the link in my sig., if you're interested in seeing another view of my Ernie Ball MM.
Looks like Eddie's guitar!  :o

Quoteman, that sounds nice! is it that mary kay white color that you can see the wood grain through? i really like a white strat with a rw board.  
Review the complete topic (launches new window)

Yep.  You can see the grain through the finish.  

John, that 1st Tele looks quite Gattonish.  Nice!
More than I deserve.

QuoteLooks like Eddie's guitar!  :o

Well, I wish I could say I play anything like him, but...  

For those who may not know, Music Man (i.e. Ernie Ball's instrument line) originally made the EVH signature model.  EVH left Ernie Ball for Peavy several years back.  At that time Music Man began making the Axis model (no tone knob, Floyd Rose tremolo), which was essentially the same guitar.

After that, they started the Axis Sport line.  The Axis Sport line was discontinued, when they came out with the Super Sport.  They continue to make both the Axis and Axis Super Sport guitars.  The Super Sport has different options than the Axis:  

Vintage trem or stop tail, instead of the Floyd Rose
Choice of Maple or Rosewood fingerboard
Figured Maple top (the Sport did not have this)
Choice of humbuckers or MM90s
5 way selector switch with humbuckers
3 way selector switch with the MM90s
Piezo bridge as an option

Music Man makes several other guitar model, as well as bass guitars.  Here's Music Man's website:

http://www.ernieball.com/mmonline/
Bing

Larrivee J-09FM
Taylor 814ce
Music Man Axis SS w/piezo

A Couple of my favorites..

Warmoth Koa

Carvin DC400 Claro Walnut

Hamer Time

Gotta have a Strat

10 Larrivee 00-03R 
09 CA Cargo
09 Taylor GA SS
06 Taylor 714CE
05 Santa Cruz OM S
04 Baby Taylor

1991 Gibson LP Custom
1998 American Strat
1979 Peavey T-60
1998 Godin LGX
2003 Epiphone Dot
1976 Ibanez Deluxe 59'er
1986 Peavey Dyna Bass

I just bought my first electric from Dave at Guitar Adoptions. It's was the '93 Stratocaster Ultra that was on his site and it's a beaut! Dave was very patient with me as this was my first and I had lots of questions and got crossed up by my local tech but he got me straightened out again. It is a pleasure to hold and play and it is as mint condition as was described. This picture was one taken by Dave.

Brian M.

Nice. It looks just like the one Dylan was playing at the Grammies when the Soy Bomb guy ran across the stage. I'm partial to sunburst strats with rosewood fingerboards.    

I'm almost embarrassed to admit to this in this thread of custom electrics...

Mine is a MIM Fat Strat - black paint - not worthy of a photo.  I also have a mid-1980's vintage Peavey Milestone with one of the weirdest tone control circuits ever imagined.

However, I have re-wired my Fat Strat slightly so that the middle tone control knob is now a variable split on the tail HB, and the neck tone control is a master.  Best thing I ever did on this guitar; besides the shielding job.

Speaking of shielding....

If you are without an electric and have a spare $120 or so, you simply cannot go wrong trying out one of the SX electric guitars from rondo music.  I bought a custom P-bass; custom meaning it's got P and J pups, solid alder body, decent sunburst spray job and it spanks very nicely.  The pups are more microphonic than I would like - but hey, I paid $120 for it!!!!  I've seen photos of their $99 strat copies, and the shielding jobs were better than my MIM strat.

Wood finish quality is MIM level but for about 1/3 the price.

www.rondomusic.net

-Scott
2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Mitchell MDJ-10 3/4 scale dread
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud

A dealer friend of mine showed me a Greene & Campbell electric solid body today. He said some of the old Guild workers are building them. They look great and he thinks the American made guitars are a grat value for a small shop guitar.
--Fred

My 2004 AmDlx Strat

2016 Martin 000-28vs 12 fret

2014 Taylor 814ce

2014 Godin Multiac Classical

2012 Gibson "The Golden Age 1930's" SJ200

2012 Squier Vintage Modified 70's Jazz Bass

2010 Gretsch Electromatic G5122DC

2009 Taylor GA3-12e

2004 Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster

1981 Rickenbacker 320JG

1968 Yamaha FG150 Red La

WowoW!!! Some killer looking electrics everyone has. I wish I was smart enough to post pix of my babies, but oh well....here's my current crop. Homebrew USACG tele with a chambered mahogany body w/ SK Dutaltone ll in the neck and an SK T-90 in the bridge. Killer blues guitar. Poplar bodied hombrew tele w/ electrokraft vintage wind pups. Early 90's PRS EG-3...the one with the Lindy Fralin Zero-Hum domino looking pups. Stock 1971 blonde Tele. 78 Tokai strat with lollar pups. Stock 1967 Gibson ES-335. P-90 equipped Peavey Firenza. 60's Kent 823 3 pickup Semi-hollow...my poor mans Lucille! Dempsy thin/hollow Sorento copy. Squire Strat. JG LP Jr Copy. 50' Supro archtop. MSA Pedal Steel and an old 40's Kay Lap Steel.  

My Frankenlectric.  lol:

Fender AmerDeluxe body, USCG neck, kinman single coil pickups, wagner goodwood HB, and my own switching system- standard five way with push/pull split HB and seperate volume controls for HB and single coils, and master tone.

Hmmmm - saw an Epi Sheraton in a store yesterday for $450... wondering if that's a good price.....

Dave made me do it really he did uh huh uh huh.

Better pics tomorrow
Shad
====
Help is on the way. A government team of experts Is a'rushin' to your aid... --Stephen Stills

Martin 000-18GE
Weber Diamondback Custom
LP R9
PRS MC58
PRS DGT LTD

Name that guitar:

Does this help?

Pretty vine

Headstock should give it away

Anyone care to guess?

Ron
Ron

Looks like a Jay Turser Gibson ES 335 copy?
2016 Martin 000-28vs 12 fret

2014 Taylor 814ce

2014 Godin Multiac Classical

2012 Gibson "The Golden Age 1930's" SJ200

2012 Squier Vintage Modified 70's Jazz Bass

2010 Gretsch Electromatic G5122DC

2009 Taylor GA3-12e

2004 Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster

1981 Rickenbacker 320JG

1968 Yamaha FG150 Red La

No, No and No.

It is a very high quality Japanese ES335 copy, made in 1977.

It sold new for more $ than the real thing! (most G!b$0n 335  owners who have played this one would like me to sell it to them).

It is a signature model, named after an American guy who "fooled around and fell in love".

It was imported by St. Louis Music.

Any more guesses?

Ron

Ron