Let's Talk About Our Electric Guitars

Started by Caleb, March 04, 2005, 09:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ive thinned out the herd at my place and am left with my one strat. early 90's neck with rw board and a fairly new usa ash body in fiesta red. '93 delta tone pups and sperzels. i really love this guitar and plan to keep it forever. just strung it up with flatwound DR 13's (can you say tone???)
B)

what about your electric?

Electricity is for making toast, not music, IMHO. :)  
Rob Hanesworth

'91 Larrivee JB-09 with Sitka top/Indian Rosewood back and sides (12-fret 00 size)

Taylor GA7 -- Alvarez AP 70

In the movie Crossroads (The original cool movie about blues players), the old man said "Muddy Waters INVENTED electricity"

Don't have one now. Favorite was an ash body stratocaster. Had a Samick tele that was pretty much ok build wise, but the pickups weren't that good.

A fav I wish I had kept was an early 80's Washburn - either a hawk or a falcon? Solid mahog body, neck through construction, double cutaways, with tapped humbuckers. sweet axe.

3 Tele's,a few strats,goodlord now I have to really think
,hell with it I've got bunch.My amps are a 70's Princeton Reverb,a 62 Bassman and a Blues Jr.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

'65 Jazzmaster
'94 40th Anniversary Am. Std. Stratocaster
'02 MIM "vintage" telecaster
mid 80ish Larrivée LT1
circa '79 Univox 335
circa '79 Univox limited edition Les Paul Jr. lite

Crank 'em!  

Quotemid 80ish Larrivée LT1
ahh, from your "hair metal" days?

did you ever get counseling? :lol:  

100 watts of counselling is good enough for me! I love my Hairy Larry!  

Fender 50th Anniversary American Deluxe Stratocaster (the one and only)
Traynor YCV50BLUE (I'll have those EL34s replaced - they're too harsh for my taste)
Mike
OM-03R

QuoteHairy Larry!
thats awesome! :lol:  im going to remember that one!

2000 Ash Strat, white with Rosewood fretboard and stock delta tones.  Best sounding strat I've ever played.
More than I deserve.

Quote2000 Ash Strat, white with Rosewood fretboard and stock delta tones.  Best sounding strat I've ever played.
man, that sounds nice! is it that mary kay white color that you can see the wood grain through? i really like a white strat with a rw board.  

Sound - The LT1 is actually a pretty cool little guitar. Telecaster-like body. One humbucker, one control knob for volume. Black body. Ebony fingerboard. I'm getting used to the bird of prey headstock a la Charvel Jackson. I love the Larrivée neck!  

My Music Man Axis Super Sport (w/piezo option) ended my gas for electric guitars.  It's a fantastic instrument.

I love the unfinished neck on this guitar.  This neck feels and plays better than any electric I've played.  It's extremely versitile, with the 5 way selector switch, and the piezo option as well.

BTW, you can click on the link in my sig., if you're interested in seeing another view of my Ernie Ball MM.
Bing

Larrivee J-09FM
Taylor 814ce
Music Man Axis SS w/piezo

Went through a few strats, a few other guitars. I finally settled on a no-pedigree Korean guitar. But it's sweet...

QuoteWent through a few strats, a few other guitars. I finally settled on a no-pedigree Korean guitar. But it's sweet...

Jason, looks like quite the little sweetheart playing it too.

I have a candy apple red American Strat with Vintage Noiseless pickups and a Sunburst Guild X-170. Both really sweet guitars.
Don

Larrivée D-09BW
Larrivée LV-03BW
Larrivée OM-03K
Larrivée LV-03-12
Martin D-18 RIP :crying:
Mossman Tennessee 12
Gretsch Chet Atkins DC
Gretsch Tennessee Rose
Fender Am. Stratocaster
Guild X-170T Manhattan
Fender 90s Telecaster Custom
Guild Starfire 5
Gretsch 5422 12 String
G&L ASAT Deluxe Semi

'98 Godin LGT... love this thing! Kinda like a souped-up SD. I've never played a guitar as smooth or as easy to play. The neck is incredibly smooth. It has gotten quite beat up through the years but still looks incredible. Has 5-way selector and coil tapping, a humbucker and couple of single-coil slots (though I believe they are stacked) and coil tapping. Trans-blue finish. Love this thing!

One major gripe though... I can't stand the floating bridge. If I wasn't getting an acoustic maybe I'd think about getting the LG or something.

black version of my Godin:
http://web.archive.org/web/19980524122758/...inlgtspecsp.htm
The artist formerly known as larriboy
Larrivée D-03R

I also have a nice ash Strat from 1998 with a rosewood fretboard. It's got a clear finish so the wood has a nice honey color to it; it's very sweet looking and I would never part with it.  

I also have an older Kramer Striker from 1989 that I used to love to play back in the day. It's dark blue with black hardware so it doesn't photograph well, though. The bridge is a Floyd Rose II with a locking nut. The pickups are Seymour Duncans; 2 single coils and a humbucker at the bridge position.  
Neil K

2013 DIY Medium Jumbo (western red cedar/S. American Mahogany)
2013 McKnight Ukulele
2009 Martin D-16GT
2006 Larrivée OM-03R
1998 Fender American Standard Stratocaster, Ash Body, Natural finish
1989 Kramer Striker 610

Warning -slight thread hijack.

I have not had an electric for years, but would like to get one again. It would just be to have at home and play along with music. Not going to gig or perform with it at all. Was considering the MIM Strats a good  value. Can anyone comment on these? Or any other good value or choices for a just-at-home electric?

Thanks
Larrivee L03-R
Larrivee OM-09 12 Fret
Larrivee D02
Martin HD-28V
Martin D12X1
Fender Blacktop

I like teles, These are my 2 homebrew teles.

D-02E