CBC Interview with JC Larrivee

Started by Casey86, March 19, 2018, 11:35:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on March 22, 2018, 09:41:05 AM
Were they  pretty much all "custom" orders at that time  :?

yup, back then, you called Jean or went to see him in Toronto and ordered your guitar.
Sometimes he came to Montreal to bring a couple to Rufus Guitar shop.
but hey, we're talking early seventies here right?
Us old guys remember stuff like that eh?

I really MUST apologize for being so pretentious.
I was a kid, working in a shop, I was impressed.
He came, I played, he conquered.
now, I'm just old and in the grey.

"A legend in my own mind,
a rumour in my spare time"

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

On the Larrivee dot com website, there are several interviews with Jean that much more than elaborate on this brief interview.

Indeed, (if they're still up) some of his early ideas & experiments with some of the early apprentices' go into much more detail than a short radio interview.

No offence meant to the poster, but his longer stories of what he was really about back then FAR surpass this somewhat short & tidy CBC interview.

The deeper beauty of Jean, his vision, experiments, and apprentices' on a real and personal level is all right there folks.

Several videos of just Jean saying all the things Jean is and has always been about. mores than a few minutes of CBC media stuff.

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Quote from: headsup on March 22, 2018, 10:27:08 PM
On the Larrivee dot com website, there are several interviews with Jean that much more than elaborate on this brief interview.

Indeed, (if they're still up) some of his early ideas & experiments with some of the early apprentices' go into much more detail than a short radio interview.

No offence meant to the poster, but his longer stories of what he was really about back then FAR surpass this somewhat short & tidy CBC interview.

The deeper beauty of Jean, his vision, experiments, and apprentices' on a real and personal level is all right there folks.

Several videos of just Jean saying all the things Jean is and has always been about. mores than a few minutes of CBC media stuff.

The Group of Seven Guitar Project DVD is a nice tribute to Jean by those who worked with him in the early years - they all credit him with being a genius.
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992