Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New L-03E saddle leans forward-loose?  (Read 447 times)
Pathfinder

Ignore
« on: March 03, 2018, 05:54:37 PM »

Hi
So I always thought saddles were suppose to be snug in the slot. Mine leans forward, as title says. I can see the space in the slot behind it. But, intonation seems very accurate.

Was wondering about this and sustain, tone, etc, etc.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
B0WIE
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 06:48:00 PM »

Not good. You want ideal contact points for best vibration transmission. Sitting flat is far preferred to leaning on the edge. If the saddle is cut bad, maybe they'll send you another. If the slot is routed wider than usual, I'd return the instrument.

D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 07:25:28 PM »

Get a replacement ASAP.You may need to adjust for action height get your favorite tech or the store you bought it from to check it out.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Pathfinder

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 02:47:41 AM »

So, I also emailed Larrivee about this. I have to tell you. The support\customer service is amazing. They have reponded nicely and quickly to all my questions and concerns. Now, that's hard to find. In my case, Fractal Audio (AxeFX, etc) are the only other company that does this.

Very glad I bought a Larrivee........BTW, they are sending me another bridge to see if it makes a difference or a better fit. 
FRank
B0WIE
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 05:29:12 AM »

So, I also emailed Larrivee about this. I have to tell you. The support\customer service is amazing. They have reponded nicely and quickly to all my questions and concerns. Now, that's hard to find. In my case, Fractal Audio (AxeFX, etc) are the only other company that does this.

Very glad I bought a Larrivee........BTW, they are sending me another bridge to see if it makes a difference or a better fit. 
FRank
Before anyone overacts, I'll assume you meant they're sending you a new saddle, not bridge.

D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.
Pathfinder

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 04:45:50 PM »

Before anyone overacts, I'll assume you meant they're sending you a new saddle, not bridge.

Duh? Exactly....Sorry about that. I knew what I meant but my eyes and hands evidently didn't. Thanks for the correction. Top notch CS btw
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: