Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: NGD - D-40re Legacy  (Read 142 times)

« on: March 02, 2018, 01:48:18 AM »

Seems I 've been talking about dreadnoughts and rosewood a lot lately!

Anyways, just pulled the trigger on our third Larrivee a D-40re rosewood with electronics. Played one at L&M the other day and was very taken with it. Great punchy sound. Almost went with a new one but saw this Reverb deal for a used one in Canada in Canuck dollars. The seller stated in his ad it was the best selling acoustic he had ever played, and mentioned that again even after he had shipped it. He sold it cause his back could not handle the dreadnought shape.

Another awesome used guitar deal! I love buying nice guitars  

I plan to post pictures of my Larrivee's but until then this link will have to do:

Review of the D-40 Legacy

Just bought it so now I get to wait it to hit Vancouver from PEI.
Nervous about cold  checking as it crosses Canada, we shall see.

I guess technically it's not NGD until I have it in my hands. That's ok, then I get a another NGD in about a week.
I have a birthday in a few days. This is my birthday present (although will be news to my wife Marcia).
We were going to Vegas for my birthday, but that did not work out. This is way better. We will do Vegas in a month or two, and Marcia will be happy  

2002 LV-03
2016 D40re
Gold Member

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 03:58:05 AM »

Congrats!  You will love it.  Have you ever noticed on Reverb at the bottom of expired listings they list J45's, D28's and other high end guitars as comparable or others like it?  Cracks me up!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: