Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fretboard di  (Read 702 times)
D3rasp

Ignore
« on: February 24, 2018, 02:10:01 PM »

Hey guys,

I noticed a dip on this guy in january, so i contacted larrivee. They told me to get some products to get some humidity back in this guy. Its been about 2 months and i have not noticed any changes, its always cased, i used the sponge, then the humidpak for extra dry, then the normal packets and now i maybe noticed the fret ends a lil less sharp. Larrivee says yto get it checked, its still under warranty. All i see is set up getting done or neck re allign.

I just want to get 10 years at least out of this thing. The thing that bothers me is it sat on the wall for years, in montreal, with bad winters, 100% not properly humidifed. So, what say thee?  I havent noticed much change if any since i got it. Should i stop whining and live with it or taoe it back to get another one. Been with me since october.
broKen
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 02:19:01 PM »

How does it affect playability?

A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing
The cost of living is...life
D3rasp

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 02:23:15 PM »

The only thing i can tell is, the string buzzing, if i use lights then its out of control, of u use heavy strings like Jp 300m only buzz on the big E. Wouldnt be able to record atm, in any alternate tunnings which i love doing Like D,OPEN D or G. The buzz would be out of control.
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 04:07:07 PM »

Clarify something,were did it hang on a wall in Montreal was it a store or in your home?Have you had it checked by a tech?Is there enough relief/Has it ever been setup?

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
D3rasp

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 07:47:48 PM »

It was on the wall at the store for a couple years, im the first owner. Never brought it to be checked, but i have actiom ruler and its decent on thr 7th anf 12 a littlr higher.
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2018, 08:36:47 PM »

Get it totally re-humidified and take it to a reputable tech for a checkup and a setup.  It should do wonders for it.

George
B0WIE
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2018, 11:23:45 PM »

If what you're seeing is the same thing I'm seeing, it's normal.  Even very expensive guitars can dip a little on the later frets since there's not a lot of support there.  People generally don't care.  If you actually play up there and you find the intonation is a problem, or there's buzzing, then I'd get it addressed.

D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.
markj

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2018, 06:16:56 AM »

Re-humidification takes a couple of weeks or more in a relatively high humidity condition.

Here is an excellent video by Bob Taylor on the process and the results it produces.

Part1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB8tELj43RE

Part2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWcGdWFiv4M&t=13s

1977 Classical
2014 L-03
2015 OO-40
2017 LV-10 50th Annniversary #2/50
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2018, 04:00:10 PM »

What gauge strings are on it?
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2018, 07:17:43 PM »

Re-humidification takes a couple of weeks or more in a relatively high humidity condition.

Here is an excellent video by Bob Taylor on the process and the results it produces.

Part1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB8tELj43RE

Part2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWcGdWFiv4M&t=13s

Excellent re-humidification videos Mark.  Thanks for sharing.  Amazing how many days it took that first guitar to re-humidify.  Even in a humidity controlled environment it would take the same amount of time.  Good lesson for not getting in a hurry to make any corrections until the guitar is humidity normal again...

George
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2018, 08:27:26 PM »

A little fall off at the end of a fretboard is not critical, in my view. On humidification, I'm working on a Martin D-16GT. I've been letting it sit in front of my console humidifier for weeks now. This guitar was so dry the body was deforming.
    It's already gained a proper shape. After a few more weeks I'll adjust the truss rod. Plus about ten other issues. Most caused by being dried out.
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2018, 10:18:03 PM »

All Larrivee guitars going foreword have a new piece of bracing under the end of the fingerboard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: